Roommate Worries?

I'm an incoming freshman and just met my roommate for the first time today. I'm pretty open minded but two things turned me off immediately. The first thing: her handshake was so wimpy. She didn't even grab my full hand. The second thing: She seems very shy. I'm someone who's both introverted and extroverted and one of the things I want to do is a lot of campus activities. I imagined myself doing these things the most with the person I'm obviously rooming with, but I was hoping it would be someone much more outgoing.

I plan on waiting it out two weeks and see how I like her. The only thing is how does the person get notified that you are wanting to switch roommates? What is the likelihood that I would even be able to find a new roommate?

*I should also note that I chose the type of dorm that has essentially 7 other roommates, but like I mentioned you room with the one other person and share the other space with them and the other people.

If anyone could offer any advice I would really appreciate it! :- ) Thank you! I don't mean to sound so judgmental right off the bat, I'm just stressing because I feel like your roommate is a big start to making new friends and adjusting.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's so unimportant that you're stressing makes no sense. You will find who you will find. You may not ever get along with your roommate and if you don't your life won't crash.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like shaking hands so I give wimpy handshakes or just tell the person I don't wanna shake their hand. I come off as an unsociable bitch but when asked to go out or participate in something I'm there!! Lol. I keep to myself until asked if I wanna do this or that. I don't believe in being annoying, clingy and a nuisance to people.

What Guys Said 1

• She's probably gonna be bringing a new guy every week hahahha

Nah, just talk to her, get to know her better, cause maybe he's one of those people that get wild when they're comfortable with the people.

What Girls Said 2

• If she doesn't want to do the activities it isn't a big deal. She can still be a great friend. you're over reacting.

• Just because she doesn't seem outgoing doesn't mean she won't be willing to do stuff with you... and like you said yourself there are 7 other roommates for you to try to befriend so if she doesn't you could always try to tag along with one of them. And trust me, as someone who's going into their 4th year of college next month, you're eventually way more likely to hang out with people you meet on campus and in your classes and stuff than your roommate (s)