Controlling my iPhone with my mind?

Something really weird has been happening to me for years but what happened tonight almost confirms it. For years on my phone if I was playing music it would be on shuffle and I would just skip >> until I got to a song I felt like hearing. This is where it gets weird. If a song I wanted to hear popped in my head but then I quickly thought of something else the song would always come up. It was sortve uncouncious. Most would dismiss it but it would happen all the time. Tonight after work I opened my Spotify app and was listening to music and I randomly thought about how my brother hadn't responded to a text message from earlier so I unlock my phone and what comes on the screen is messages and specifically my brothers text messages. I NEVER opened the message app all I had running was Spotify. I saw a documentary years ago where some scientists confirmed that it seemed the human mind had some influence over a random number generator. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I heard this before and this had happened to me too but not often.
    Anyway I don't know what is this
    I only know that's amazing

Most Helpful Guy

• Just about the funniest sh*t I've read on GAG.

The iPhone knows what music you play the most from the beginning to the end and thus it serves it up more often than others; and thus the likelihood of you thinking about wanting to hear some song you've often played on your iPhone and that exact song playing next is high.

As for that message - a chance. Nothing sinister about and nothing more than a coincident.

Unless you wanna claim the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, since you are so good at controlling your iPhone with your mind (!) LMAFO

• Lmaooo you make a very good point I never thought about that. It's a strong possibility. Still doesn't explain my messages opening on its own.

• You've not used your phone much?

You never mention the messages app opening up. You only write that you are thinking your brother had yet to respond to a text message you've sent him earlier in the day; and then you pick up your phone sometime later and a message from your brother is on the lock screen. Nota bene: on the lockscreen. Has nothing to do with the app itself.

... oh wait, let's call Ghostbusters

• Maybe I chose the wrong words. I opened Spotify ( the only app open) locked the phone. Randomly remembered my brother hasn't answered a text yet so I unlocked the phone and instead of seeing Spotify I was somehow in my messages in my brothers thread.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• I've had that happen multiple times in a row with music, shuffle might follow a certain kind of sequence. I've had certain things open before when I thought about opening it. But then again things also crash on my phone so I don't think too much of it, shits buggy. Weirdest thing I've had was forgetting my login info for a game, I entered a username kind of similar to mine.. Then proceeded to hit a bunch of random letters and numbers in frustration after failing the password so many times. Logged into some random dudes account. With the length and randomization odds of that are probably less likely than winning the lottery lol, as well as entering a random account name to match.. You see all sorts of 'studies' online and some are very outlandish.

• Nope but my playlist are full of songs that I always wanted to hear xD

• I had something similar when I was a kid though. You know those machines with the eggs with a toy inside it? I would just think of what I wanted and poof there it was

• I doubt that highly, but if it was possible to have influence over a RNG, I'd be hitting up OSRS, Warframe, League and CS:GO every second of every day, dayumn.

• You have telekinesis

• I feel hard to believe you... because I haven't experienced anything as such

• I think you've been hitting up too many drugs, bruh.

• Op on that good good 😉

• LOL!