"You may be ugly but if your personality is beautiful, you're still ugly" Agree or disagree?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends... Last Summer I met a guy who me and my friends at first glance all thought wasn't that hot. Could say we thought he was "ugly". But once we got to know him; Every. Single. One. Of. Us had a crush on him. His humor, charm, way of making everyone laugh all the time, we all fell in love with him. A few weeks later this guy became my first serious boyfriend. He was extremely attractive to me when we were together. Now I haven't seen him in a while, but I saw a photo of him and was like "he really wasn't that hot, was he?"
    Moral of the story: Personality DOES matter and even makes an "ugly" person attractive, it all depends on the person though.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree but I want to stick a caveat: CHARISMA!

"Charisma" I would define in this context to not exactly mean "personality". It's like how you carry yourself, how you stand, how you smile, move, your posture -- the kind of things you project about yourself without requiring people to know you really closely.

To me "charisma" is somewhat blurred between looks and personality. Someone can be quite attractive even without being so physically desirable if they have loads of charisma.

I would say just charisma along can boost someone's attractiveness quite a huge deal, and lacking it and being frumpy and guarded and nervous-looking can make even someone who possesses some very attractive physical qualities seem generally unappealing.

So charisma can do a whole lot, but I wouldn't quite say it's the same thing as personality. Still it's tied predominantly to the visual perception and image of a person -- so I'd put it kind of leaning towards the "looks" department.

What Girls Said 20

• Yes and no. Your personality doesn't change your appearance. But having a great personality that people are drawn to will increase your overall attractiveness and result in people being attracted to you for your personality.

• Yes you're still ugly I'm not here to lie to people and tell them what they want to hear or what society thinks is right most of you think it but say otherwise because you worry about what other people will say about your opinion... Your personality might be the most beautiful there is but it doesn't change the fact that your appearance is UGLY however just because you're ugly doesn't you can't fall in love , the right person will fall in love with who you are and your personality NOT your appearance. Hopefully that makes sense.

• Lmao harsh but agree.

Like many guys keep explaining to us ladies, "you can't fuck their personality".

• For me, someone's personality has always had an effect on how I see them overall. If they are unattractive but have a great personality, I don't notice their flaws as much and notice more of their good qualities. Good qualities stand out more when they are accompanied with a good personality. If someone is attractive but has a horrible personality, their flaws stand out more and their beauty fades. It is hard to view someone with a nasty personality in a positive light.

• Thumbs up to you. It's funny how the masses think beauty is what makes a person. What happens when Father Time and Mother Nature colaburate and say it's all over and age says welcome to my world? Do these people just dump their partner and find a newer model?

• You'd write it as aWesOMENess :D

• Haha, thanks!

• To an extent...

• How much does he have to be in looks out of ten in order to be datable to you?

• What I find attractive is different then majority. There's no specific looks. Men from my past vary with their looks but were all attractive to me.

So, he's just got to be good looking to me. Not Mr Universe or anything like that

• in my opinion if your personality is 10/10 you're automatically attractive to me.

Same goes the opposite way too, if you're physically attractive but your personality is shit, you're ugly.

• A mans ugliness can be overlooked if he's sweet and funny. Not so for women. If you're an ugly woman you're fucking screwed.

• Sadly a beautiful personalities doesn't change the fact that you still look ugly physically. :( Though with an awesome personality more people will like hanging with you.

• how bout who gives a f*ck? stop wasting people's time with all this superficial beauty bullsh*t, because i'd rather be a good person than pretty. pretty doesn't last forever, unless you pay millions of dollars for it. than you're just a doll and an idiot that's feeding society's narcissistic views on what a person should be.

• physically still yes.

• DISAGREE. U can be hot wit a nasty ass attitude. That gon make you UGLY AS HELL. U ugly for even thinkin someone is ugly still with a nice personality, UGLY.

• I disagree, when I have good encounters with a person. I automatically find them more pleasing to see. If I have bad encounters with a pretty person then I sour when I see them.

• Well you can't change your looks but attractiveness is definitely changeable. Your feelings towards someone can change how you see them even though they actually stay the same.

• Yes. I agree lol.

• OMG I love this so much. That is funny!!!

• I disagree with that... I think personality definitely helps people become more or less attractive

• No. Someone who's beautiful on the inside is also beautiful on the outside.

• You're still ugly but a delight to be with.

• When someone have a good personnality I find them more attractive than someone who is beautiful but have a bad personnality

What Guys Said 27

• If I were a single guy finding myself in the dating game , I would still choose my dates based on personallity alone.

• there is truth to the old cliche "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
    there was a girl i met once, not ugly but not stunning, and certainly not my type, but as i grew to know her, to become friends, then to become more. she became the most beautiful person in the world, i literaly found her more attractive than anyone else i'd ever seen.. sadly it didn't work out, and with time (after a couple of years of crying myself to sleep) she no longer is

so it's not objective but having said that looks certainly do help

• Let's put it this way. I'd rather be with an ugly girl with an ace personality that a beautiful girl whose personality stinks.

A smile from any lady makes them so much more attractive, anyway!

• I wasn't being sarcastic

• I didn't think you were for one minute. Just trying to justify my thoughts on the subject. :-)

• Disagree. This guy obviously has a beautiful personality.

coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/.../...ival-1.gif

• I agree. The reverse I'd also true.

• From logical point of view this statement is correct.

IF (bool ugly=TRUE)
    cout << "Still ugly"
    ELSE
    cout << "Not ugly"

• This is a pretty bleak outlook. Best to just ignore such thoughts.

• True and false.
    Once you start knowing a person and you start liking their personality they will definitely become more attractive 'to you' than they were before.

• True personal always rides over physical beauty :) vote 'B'

• When's the last time a man said I got an erection off of your personality?

• Well, you do know Chanakya wasn't the most handsome man alive, but in his lifetime, he reared three of the most prominent kings in Ancient Indian history and also defeated the Greeks.
    I doubt whether he did ever have a pretty personality but I know he was ugly and I also know, nobody thought of him as such.
    Beauty is ultimately overshadowed. One just needs to know how.

• i think people tend to overlook the fact that your physical appearance is the reflection of your inner self.

i'm a strong believer that everybody has the potential to be physically attractive... it's a matter of finding what works for you in regards to hair, fashion, fitness, etc. but most importantly, it's centered around being healthy.

• I disagree: a super nice girl can look ugly, she's still attractive shince you love to come home to your sweetheart :D

• Agree I think it's more so with guys. With women attraction can grow. Not really with guys. I just can't date someone with an ugly face that never smiles.

• Disagree. A girl's personality can change everything, especially if we continue to spend time with one another for whatever reason.

She can't look deformed, obviously.

• In absolute terms I agree. Thankfully, relationships are no so black and white.

• Logically this is true. But personality holds a lot of weight and below average looks can be overlooked (no pun intended) if the personality is awesome. Love is blind.

• totally disagree. personality and a good and a kind heart matters a lot, looks fade away but a kind heart won't

• i thought betty was cute

• There's no such thing as a "beautiful personality." Everybody gets mad. Everybody can be bent to places that make them crazy.

• Life is too short to dance with ugly women.

• well... kind of... NO

• yes, it does. sorry, enough of the politically correct crap, looks matter. get over it.

• If you're ugly, you're ugly regardless but your personality is decent.

• Well duh

• yes and no

• An ugly person with a beautiful personality is just one shade less ugly. They still ugly. Just not as much as they would be otherwise.