Does making fun of your insecurity make you feel better or worse?

Common example: Claiming that you do in fact have nice abs but you just prefer to keep them under layers of fat.

• Better
  • Worse

Most Helpful Guy

• I think self-irony is one of the most important character traits one can have. Not taking yourself too serious all the time makes life a lot easier. This is also - and particularly - the case for very tough situations. For example I was born with a very severe visual disability. I am almost completely blind. One of the things that has always helped me cope with this difficult and tough fate and stay positive is my humor and self-irony. Being able to laugh at myself for doing all kinds of silly, dumb or clumsy things due to my disability has made my life a lot easier.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah no that doesn't work with me lol.

What Guys Said 2

• Worse. After all why do I lie about my fat? Is it because I'm denial? And my penis is so small. I'm ashamed.

• Joking on myself helps lol