What are the top 3 reasons you are not religious?

So far i am seeing some interesting things.

1. People relate being religious to the actions of people in the name of religion and not the values of a religion.

2. Christian beliefs is the standard to define religion and practices of religion.

3. People claim they only do things that make sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) None of it adds up
    2) There's no proof
    3) Science makes more sense

• Which religions and how in depth have you studied them to know they don't add up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because Homo sapien is just another animal living on a tiny planet called Earth in a galaxy called Milky Way. We are more civilized and have more complex social structures than untamed beasts, but we're still animals. We were evolved from other species, and we will keep evolving.

According to Hubble's Law, the space is keep expanding exponentially, and there is no way of knowing that we humans are the only species in this entire universe. And yet, all religions claim that we are with 100% confidence. There are STARS in other galaxies that are 1000x larger than the sun. There are blackholes in this universe that are hundreds of thousands times larger than our GALAXY. It's impossible that we are the only life.

What Girls Said 10

• I have no reason to be.
    I don't have any desire to be.
    I don't believe there's any sort of deity in this world.

• Reason 1) my mom is Jewish and my pop is agnostic.. I grew up with confused values.
    Reason 2) Most religions (if not all of them) are too hard to commit to entirely.
    Reason 3) I have my own perspective of the world, God and life after death, I prefer to make my own opinion instead of following what other people say.

• 1. lesbian sister and most religions believe her sexuality is a sin which i do not agree with
    2. usually contradictory
    3. wasn't raised religious

• 1. Doesn't make sense
    2. I find my life has more meaning without the idea of a God
    3. Better things to worry about than what may or may not exist.

• Science, science, and science.

• My main reason is how when I was growing up, I had many friends from different religions who would invite me to their churchs. I went and saw different sides of each religion and then when I took time to look at my own beliefs, it just didn't add up to me and I just became a very confused child. I'm a curious person and love to learn. I just think its impossible for one religion to be more "true" than another so thats why even though my family is Catholic, my beliefs are more Agnostic.

• 1) cuz I don't wanna
    2) See 1)
    3) See 2)

• 1. I hate the hypocrisy in the church
    2. I don't have enough time to travel to a church
    3. I'm lazy :P

• 1. I need to see proof that God exists
    2.1.
    3.1.

• 1. Close minded
    2. Biased
    3. They're all high and mighty about their beliefs

• Thats the people not a religion though

• You don't think the religion causes them to think the way that they so?

What Guys Said 12

• 1. Because religions are based on antiquated and non progressive belief systems which have physical evidence to back up their philosophy.
    2. Because of all the hatred religion inflicts upon the world

And 3. Because I like to sleep in on Sundays

• Honestly, I almost got bullied out of religion. College campuses are very hostile if you're religious (unless you're Muslim). Even when I identified as a Christian, I had to hide so that I wouldn't harassed too often.

• Religion is not realistic, it's close-minded, religion caused most of the wars.

• Why is it not realistic?

• Because they believe in omnipotent mythological creature.

• All organised religious leaders are outdated mysoginists.
    There is no proof of any deity.
    The planet and everyone on it evolved, from something!

• 1) I was raised secular
    2) Following Judaism would mean giving up pork and all other non-kosher food
    3) It sounds like a load of bs that cannot be proven scientifically

• 1. no actual proof of divine power, and no 'divine intervention'
    2. i can't be bothered to follow the dogma and rituals
    3. theistic religions either disprove themselves or are disproved by science, often both

• umm science, so many other religions around the world how do you know yours is the one, and too many bad things happen to good people.

• 1 It's a telemarketer scam.
    2 They deprive people of sex until they're paid.
    3 They want you to work, to pay taxes, to fund war to kill children.

• only one reason for me and thats the plain and simple fact i dont believe in any gods

• I don't have time for it
    I think it is a waste of time
    I believe there exist a single GOD...

• God is imaginary
    No reason to
    Where's the proof? A Harry Potter book?

• Why would I be?