What was your favorite Harry Potter Book?

Mine's the goblet of fire, but I think it was one of the worse HP movies.

• The philosopher's/sorcerer's stone
  • The chamber of secrets
  • The prisoner of Azkaban
  • The goblet of fire
  • The order of the phoenix
  • The half blood prince
  • The deathly hallows

Most Helpful Girl

• Prisoner of Azkaban. I didn't know that there were more books. I was babysitting and when the kids went to bed, I had to find something to do. I found Prisoner of Azkaban and I decided to read it to pass the time until the parents came home. I was hooked from the beginning. I didn't think I would like the series that much because I didn't care for fantasy before then. I loved everything about the book, and as I read it became obvious that there were other books. So I went to the library and took out the other three books. This was before Order of the Phoenix came out.

This is the only series I stood in line to wait for a book to come out. I went for Order of the Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.

• I personally love the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's so exciting, and really phenomenal in creating a timeline and linking back to it and keeping the audience guessing. The plot and reveals are excellent. I think it wasn't really translated as such in the film with the cuts etc.

2nd fave would be Order of the Phoenix where finally Harry gets in on with Cho Chang. Oh what could have been had he beaten Diggory in asking her out first (she clearly was upset to have to say no to him). It's a shame the Cho thing wasn't focussed on later on in the series as much. A real shame, I reckon she'd have been the girl he'd go for if he didn't meet someone new after school.

Felt like the movies didn't really portray the last book properly except for a rushed scene explaining the "real owner" of the Elder Wand. It's a shame. The cast overall were great, what was lacking was someone to turn the books into a movie script that would be clear. If you hadn't read the books, not sure how you'd get the films

Most Helpful Guy

• Order of the Phoenix, or maybe Goblet of Fire. It's been years since I read them, though.

What Girls Said 32

• numbers 1 and 4 were my favourite but i voted the latter: goblet of fire.

• Mine was The Chamber of Secrets, I think, maybe Prisoner of Azkaban.

• The first book will always be my favorite <3

• Yeah GOF was definitely the best.. not to mention the funniest one out of the whole series.
    Laughed my ass off when Ron said "Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?"
    Definitely my favorite quote from the book.

• I liked the Order of the Phoenix a lot. The togetherness of the order is awesome, Harry's awkward date with cho was hilarious, and umbridge was a good villain. The half blood prince is a close second.

• I only read up to half of the goblet of fire so until then my favorite is The chamber of secrets.

My bf's favorite is The half blood prince

• The Deathly Hallows was amazing.
    The movies didn't do it justice.

• Oh god, you make me wanna go home and read the whole series over again. I LOVED Order of the Phoenix. It consumed me. I loved everything about the togetherness of the Order. I felt like I belonged to it lol. Goblet of Fire is my #2 though. The competition had me so engaged, I love contests. #3 is Deathly Hallows because everything about it was a thrill and it was an excellent end.

• OMG OMG OMG MY FAV is The prisoner of Azkaban, then The Order of the Phoenix, because its Finnish version happens to be 1050 pages long

• The Order Of Phoenix is the best

• The Deathly Hallows because everything finally fell into place. Second would HBP.

• I love them all, I can't decide...

• Chamber of secrets :D
    I think the worst film was the Order of the pheonix.. it just really bothered me how they missed out so much and how fast paced it was compared to the others... I do love Umbridge though! :D

• No, the worst was definitely GoF. It was so disjointed.

• @LaVilaine I didn't mind GoF, but I LOVED both deathly hallows (even if i was crying all the time!) and Philosophers stone! :D

• Oh god, that's hard. I voted order of the phoenix because that was the book where harry really stepped up, but they're all amazing.

• Book 6 "the half blood prince" is my favorite, "the prisoner of Azkaban" is a close 2nd

• for the movies, i liked the first one when they were young and innocent

• Order of the Phoenix. I remember I read it in 3 days when I was younger. It was just too good.

• Chamber or secrets 🐍

• I've only read most of The Sorcerer's Stone

• PoA because it was the closest that Harry ever came to having parents </3

• The goblet of fire for sure!

• The 5

• Half blood prince, it was the most interesting.

• Either The Prisoner of Azkaban or The Half Blood Prince.

• I'm FUCKIN OBSESSED WITH HP

• I like all of them

• The first book is what drew me in, I will always hold the first book in a special place in my heart.

• never read any of them. are they good?

• Goblet of Fire, since the Dark Lord's scene was awesome. I would choose Chamber of Secrets next, and the the Half-Blood Prince, since both of those Tom Riddle actors were hot in the movies. The last book always makes me cry, since Tom was so far gone by then that he couldn't truly enjoy what he had worked all of his lives for. I honestly wished Harry took a tricked out time-turner and went back to maybe help Tom not go batshit crazy. He was a genius, he truly could have bettered the wizarding world if he had his head.

• Half blood prince was my favorite

• More from Girls
    2

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• The Order of the Phoenix, closely followed by The Chamber of Secrets.

• Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix was my favorite book. But the movies after goblet of fire were horrible

• Goblet of fire is my favorite.

• Prisoner of Azkaban. Too bad the director and the new Dumbledore ruined the entire franchise

• I think I just saw a new one for sale the other day.

• The deathly hallows absolutely loved it

• I love Harry Potter! Favourite book was half blood prince :)

• I'm a heathen that only watched the movies, the first ones were kind of cool magical school and shit. Then they all became 99% it's pitch black outside and it's a fucked up world.

• I didn't read one. I avoid hyped items.

• The Deathly Hallows.

• The half blood prince and The chamber of secrets

• Deathly Hallows by far

• they're too long... so i only read the first one.. and it was amusing but nothing special.

• The story gets better with each sequel, the first one was intended for children so it isn't really that good of a read for adults.

• @IamNuts i fell asleep in goblets of fire. the entire series is for children.

i don't care much for fantasy stories about dragons wizards and dungeons because there's not much you can relate to.

• Oh alright then.

• NONE! Fuck Harry Potter, it's kiddie shit. I'm going to stick to Snow Crash.

• I never read them but the half blood prince was my favorite movie.

• I can't remember. i read those about 4 or 3 years ago.

• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Cum