What do you think when you see someone at the mall, shopping on their own?

• You think they're a loser
  • You think they're just shopping/running errands, makes no difference whether they are alone or not
Weird... recently I posted a question asking this same question but the scenario was a coffee shop instead... the majority said that if they saw someone alone studying in a coffee shop, they would think they were a loser... what difference does it make LOL WTF

Most Helpful Guy

• B, they buy whatever they want to buy or maybe they are just browsing around and window shopping, looking for any good deals and discounts or sales and then make in formed decisions as to what they will buy when they come back later. It could be just to check stuff out after they had a long day at work or after dining out.

WTF? Someone studying alone at a coffee shop makes them a loser? That makes no sense, not everyone studies in a group and neither should or must they study in a group in a coffee shop.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally dislike shopping with other people and prefer to shop alone when I need new stuff so seeing someone shopping alone wouldn't even phase me... like, it wouldn't be a thing I even registered in my head as something to notice. So I wouldn't think anything at all about it.

• It's funny, we tend to feel like everyone is watching us and noticing everything we do when we are in public and it just isn't true. Most people aren't even gonna take note of your existence in public. The only time anyone will take note is if you're doing something that draws attention, like something super weird or causing a scene, or if they find you attractive.. but even then, most people who check you out if won't remember you... if they see you again 25 minutes later they'll check you out again and not even recall having seen you before.

What Guys Said 23

• I usually shop, watch movies at the cinema, and dine at restaurants by myself. And I don't really give a hoot about what people think.

• If I'd spotted the other question about the coffee shop scenario, I'd have said the same thing as well. Although, there aren't many people who study in a coffee shop- maybe it would've been more even if you'd said that person was having a drink alone in that coffee shop instead...

• Sorry what? So I run to the mall during my lunch break from work to grab a going away present for someone from my department who is moving on to a new position, or a big card for their birthday, and some airhead bimbo seems me and goes ZOMG LOOK AT TEH LOSER SHOPPING ON HIS OWN LOLOLOLOL because unfortunately for her, malls don't have stores selling extra brain cells.

• they're just shopping. you don't have to go shopping with someone

• I go to the mall a lot and I have seen many women shopping on there own, I think nothing of it.
    I also see mall walking workout people. They walk in the mall because its real hot outside or it could be raining.

• I don't think anything at all, just a person who needs to buy something.
    I always go shopping alone.

• Too busy doing my thing to notice who is alone lol get a life people

• Lol every man in America shops alone. We don't plan shopping trips with the guys like you gals do. Especially around Christmas time. Only time we don't shop alone is with our family.

• Why would you be so dependent that can't even do you're own shopping alone?

• "Her friends must hate shopping with her"

• I wouldn't notice they are by themselves. I don't think of anyone as a loser.

• Dont think anyone would even notice or think they are sad at all and if you was looking and thinking that it makes that person a bit of a loser really!

• No big deal, I just dont like going alone

• I wouldn't even notice.

• its kinda normal as an adult lol

• i would never call somebody a loser for being alone

• Thank fuck a lot of these people agree with the latter. Almost didn't vote as I felt like a twat.

• Nothing really

• i always do shopping alone

• I'm curious, what prompted you to ask this question?

• I think they are normal.

• I think they need to buy some shit. I go there to buy shit.

• i see if she has a nice booty then try to talk to her

What Girls Said 23

• I voted B

I sometimes shop alone and other times with friends. I see many people shopping alone so I don't think anything of it.

I'd hate to be dependent on other people if I wanted to go shopping.

Sometimes my commitments don't permit me to go shopping with other people, so at times I have no choice but to go alone.

I love to go shopping with friends too, because I enjoy having a coffee together , and chatting to catch up

• I think nothing of them, I shop alone sometimes to be honest it gets the job done quicker.

• I literally think nothing. Lots of people shop alone.

• Bet you the ones that chose "they're a loser" is someone young lol. I think they these people like to shop alone, because they're not slowed down.

• I always shop alone, because I'm so damn picky and I have to browse through 30 stores before I find the perfect shoes or whatever I'm shopping for. The last time I went shopping it took me four hours. So, you could say that shopping with me is pretty damn annoying.

• I always shop alone (: I like it

• I admire that, they're obviously there to get shit done 😂 Doing it alone or with one friend is the most efficient for me.

• wow 6% of people are dcsafunctional.. lol you CAN do things on your own :)

• I don't care enough to think anything about it when I see it. No big deal.

• Absofreakinglutely nothing.

• To be honest, that's not something that I would notice. Unless they're like visibly upset. I would notice a lost child, for example.

• I like to shop on my own. That way I can take my time.

• Someone in the mall shopping for some stuff

• Most people who aren't dependent losers can go shop alone.

• Who cares?

• I don't care what people think, I have myself to feel satisfied with.

• they're just doing their thing man, just like anybody else. it's all good.

• Nothing! I do it all the time - sometimes it's just easier to shop by yourself

• i don't care to notice.

• Frankly, it feels good when I can shop alone and not have someone breathing down my back. I never think a thing about it another person who is alone, I only care that I am enjoying myself.

• Where is the option for:
    I don't think of them/care about them?

• Funny how people feel bad about going alone but trust me it's way worse when you have to go with your parents all the time. Now that suckss :(

• I think they're a loser who doesn't have friends / boyfriend / girlfriend

• Because those things are required to spend your own money at the store.

• So, how many people do I need to have by me at all times to be considered "normal"?

• @Kurmo Just one is ok, if it's a girl or at least 2 if they're boy.