Who is better rating their own gender's looks?

For the purposes of this poll, we'll assume we're only talking straight people. Who is better at rating their own gender's looks?

• Men are better at rating other men
  • Women are better at rating other women
  • It's about the same

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to say men because I think women are more likely to rate other women by their emotions. For example if they are friends with the girl or think she's nice, they are more likely to call her pretty just because they like her.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

What Girls Said 2

• I would say it's about the same.

• Women, of course.
    Men will only judge the body, muscles and other superficial stuff. Women can make a much broader evaluation and, of course, praise to the sky or practically kill the prey depending on their mood. After all, beauty is subjective, but I find men tend to evaluate other men objectively.

What Guys Said 20

• I feel like men do it a little better (far from perfect) since there seems to be less jealousy or insecurity or something of that sort. I think men also tend to look at a man who is popular with women and just kind of realize he must be good-looking on that account.

I've been told by women things like, "Anne Hathaway is so ugly! What do guys see in her? They need to get their eyes fixed."

That seems very exaggerated to the point of being completely irrational, and it seems to stem from some dark place that's not really being critical so much as jealous.

I've never encountered guys saying something like, "Brad Pitt is so ugly! What do girls see in him? They need to get their eyes fixed."

Some of this might just be due to the fact though that we fixate so much on female looks. But I often feel like women are more likely to be absurdly harsh towards a girl's looks than men.

• I went men simply because I feel they are the same except for the mean girl phenomenon among women, it is far for numerous I think than say the jocks sneering at non athletic dudes.

• Interesting. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• I absolutely SUCK at rating other men, so I went with the women on this one.

• I say it's the women as they tend to be more objective

• Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Men. Women tend to get jealous of prettier women, so they rate them less.

• Men are less critical of looks of other dudes in my view. On average, I get 2 dudes telling me I'm good-looking every month. As for women, only 1 tells me I'm attractive on average over a span of a year.

To answer your question, I would answer that it's subject across the board. But if you wanna know my personal thoughts, I think men are better at rating the looks of other guys.

• Man to man is best. Men have nothing to lose by telling their compatriots how to look better. All pussy can be shared.

• I see. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Ahah I meant to vote women are better at voting women lol, men are dreadful at rating attraction.

• yeah, I voted the top one by mistake lol

• It's hard to tell but I always see women calling other women "beautiful", while I see guys calling other guys a bunch insults. If only us guys can have more unification amongst ourselves, then it would be about the same.

• I've heard it said that "You're ugly" in guyspeak means, "I love you, bro!"

• That might be the case if they know each other but usually on social media, there are strangers that insult each other based on looks and you can tell they mean what they say.

• Sucks really.

• About the same, but maybe women a bit more.

• men... women exaggerate.

• on the flipside... men will downplay.

• men are i think

• If you can find your own sex attractive there's something up with you

• Men just appreciate a good looking dude... Females are picky are spend everymorning doing their makeup to out hot the next female, they're in competition.

• You realise your poll and votes means nothing in the real world. They mean nothing here actually. Guru status means nothing. And you're 48. Whats up with that? Why are you here?

• IT'S EQUAL.

• Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Id say women you can't tell another guy how they look without saying no homo

• Both are

• Women have some serious delusions, not just about themselves, but in general.

• Men are better at rating other men. Women always try to compete with each other when it comes to looks.

• Go Trump