Do you believe the moon landing was faked?

Just wanted to see what percentage of people actually believe that stupid conspiracy

• I realize that the moon landing actually happened and am a rational person
  • I am a nutjob who thinks the moon landing was faked and that lizard people run the world.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It's true. Everything conspiracy theorists bring up as "proof" that it was fake, has been debunked.

What Girls Said 6

• No I don't believe it was faked.

• I don't get how people can think it was faked.

• But lizards are cool ( do people actually believe that?)

• Yes I believe it was faked.

• If you don't mind me asking, why?

• The shadows are in the wrong place, the breeze is the wrong direction and it all just seems terribly convenient. The Russians have sent an animal to space? Yeah well we are going to send 2 people up there and go to the moon so so there!! It just seems like a few steps were missed.

But the main thing for me is the pictures.

• The shadows are in the wrong places? That was the result of distorted and uneven ground. Many universities proved that in tests in rocky deserts that resembled the moons surface.

There was no breeze either. Let alone a breeze being "in the wrong direction". The moon has no atmosphere and no climate. The "waving" in the flag was merely due to the astronauts spinning the pole whilst trying to plant it. Kinetic energy "Waved" it not a breeze. Notice as soon as they stop planting it the flag stands still.

Nah. I'd didn't just go animal into space to landing on the moon. No steps were missed. Don't forget Apollo 11 landed on the moon. All other Apollo missions before that included men in space. Space rendezvous', moon flyby's.

What do you mean about the pictures? I don't mean to be.. I don't know.. Assholeish? Here. I just struggle to see why people think it's faked when every conspiracy has been debunked for decades.

• No, I don't.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• Not a big fan of polls that are worded in such a way as to subtly attack people with a different viewpoint, unless your goal is just to get people on your side and not see the true results of the poll.

I believe the moon landings happened, but just to play devils advocate lets look at some pretty reasonable (I think) reasons why it all may have been faked.
    The cold war, relatively new field of media and information distribution (television), two world powers trying to scare each other by showing that they had the best technology when it came to long range nukes... Being the first to land on the moon would certainly be a sign of strength and superiority. The cold war wasn't so much about actual fighting and battles, but rather intimidation and fear.

So much was at stake, so many things could have gone wrong (and some things did go wrong), from a strategic perspective maybe it would have made more sense to create a big scam where you have complete control over the outcome and basically put on a giant show for the world to watch.
    That way the competition is taking on the big risk by actually trying it, while you're creating basically a sci-fi movie with a known outcome and timeframe and just presenting it to the world as if it were reality?

Is that such a far fetched possibility?
    You don't need a tin foil hat to believe that's what really happened.

I love this kind of stuff though, it's a very interesting subject. I would have loved to have been around when all this was going on. The excitement, the adventure, the feeling of national pride and being the best...
    Oh well

• Even Michael Bay couldn't fabricate a Saturn V rocket launch lol, and it seems an awful lot of effort to fly all that way just to turn around a fake it.

• My aunt works for NASA and I have been to my hair share of space stations and seen a couple dudes training and launches. I'll leave it at that

• Of course not, the Mythbusters already proved it wasn't faked.

• Lol no I don't beleive it was faked.

• I think it was faked. I took astronomy in 10th grade and we watched a video about the suspicion scientists had. I don't remember many of the things that were mentioned but it did make me think that the whole moon landing thing was faked. One of them was a picture of an astronomer holding a U. S. flag. But the flag was in the shape as if there was a strong wind blowing. But there is no air or wind on the moon. That's the only part I remember.

• They suspended it with a wire to make it look like it was flapping, I mean a limo flag wouldn't look very patriotic, would it?

• I can't understand how people think it's faked

• Lmaooooooo I'm here to watch

• I don't think it was fake.

• Lizard people of course not the world is run by amphibians.

• How do you fake a moon landing? A few mirrors.

• Those lizard people are real yo they just be controlling our minds and shit

• No, I don't

• Just as fake as my profile pic.

• Did the Pope shit in the woods?

• All hail our supreme lord chthulu! We all know chthulu the sky and the moon nice try Americans!.

• You shall all soon answer the "call of chthulu".

• First don't bring the mythos into this
      Second if you'd read them you'd know that chthulu is actually a very minor presence in the mythos

• Wasn't their a Mythbusters episode about this?