Are poor grammar and spelling errors consistent with online scamming and catfishing?

Is someone who claims to be a neurosurgeon or a cop, yet can't tell the difference between there/their/and they're and speaks broken English, likely to be a catfish/scammer?

Note: I asked a question similar to this one the other day and some girl on this site became really offended by it, thinking that I was putting down people who may have learning disabilities. I am not insulting those who who have ANY sort of disability and am only interested in finding out the correlation between poor grammar and someone's supposed profession. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Poorly educated or lower class. Someone of a learned profession would not have poor grammar or spelling.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• Most people just dont give a shit lol...

• Yes, you're right.

• My grammar is shit half of the time because I'm always on my phone.

• A neurosurgeon who can't spell?

• I just got into an argument right now with someone who claims that neurosurgeons can still be neurosurgeons without knowing how to spell 😳

• I know, but the LSATs test both reading and writing skills.

• Agreed, and some people get by on the skin of their teeth. Which have no skin!

What Girls Said 0