Would you switch plane seats with a person if he/she asked to sit with their partner or friend?

• Ya sure!
  • Ehm, no sorry..
  • It depends, you know?

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as I'm sitting on my own, it's fine. Like, if I'm with my boyfriend or a friend, then no, I don't want to be separated from them for the flight.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I don't have an issue with it. The chief steward bumped me up to first class once, good karma comes around.

What Girls Said 21

• Yeah sure, however it depends if i'm sitting next to someone as well and if its going to prohibit me from sitting next to them. If it works out for the both of us why not. Not to mention if I have a really good seat like on the airbus on the upper deck you get way more leg room than the lower.

• I would only switch if I was alone, or if I wasn't sitting with the person I'm with anyway.

• Yes, but I'd expect them to let me choose which seat I wanted to switch with.

• I. e. if one of them has the window seat and one of them has the aisle seat and I'm between them, I would expect them to let me choose between the window seat and the aisle seat.

• Only if I wasn't sitting next to my own friend already lol but generally when flying alone and economy, sure.

• If I'm sitting alone and the replacement seat isn't next to a baby, obese person or stinky person then I'll happily swap

• It depends. If it means splitting from my friend or partner, no. If I was travelling alone, sure.

• depends on if my seat is good or the other seat is next to some crying baby. i hate planes too much to be giving away a good seat.

• Yea I would and I have done that. A few weeks ago my family and I were coming home from a cruise and we each had an aisle seat in different rows. The guy sitting next to my brother noticed we were all family and asked to switch seats with me so he could sit with his wife so thats what we did.

• Yes, unless it meant taking the middle seat. Fuck that.

• i have done it on a plane it was the first plane i was on by my self i gave there 5 year old girl a doll to play with so she would stop screaming

• Yeah but Midway through the flight her 6-year-old son thought my hair was on fire and sprayed my hair with a juice bar

• xD hehe
      Sorry, I love that movie

• i like it to and unforch anet ly i took a test with my cousins to find out which Disney princess we are i was rapunzel

• As long as I can find a seat easily before I switch.

• Depends. If I have to give up my window seat, then probably no. Otherwise I wouldn't have much of an issue as long as they asked politely.

• I would switch, because it would be very VERY uncomfortable to be the person stuck in the middle, for those long hours on the plane.

• As long as I get another window seat. I always take the window seat.

• Yup I would

• Yes of course I already do it. It's not a problem as long as I can be near my friends as well :)

• I would, even if I'm with the family. I like to be on my own

• yes I have done it many times and I have asked people too

• I would only switch if the seat they were offering wasn't a middle one or next to a screaming baby or something

• I have moved before for a family that had seats very far from each other (they had little kids). I didn't mind at all, the flight was only for an hour anyway. I would probably move for other people too, it's not a huge deal to me.

• I always travel with someone so i would not want to sit away from them so nope.

What Guys Said 12

• Depends. If it's a long flight and the new seat would mean not having the aisle, then no.
    If the new seat is in the aisle, then yeah, I'd move.

• If I'm sitting by myself, that's fine. But I won't give up a seat next to my own friends or family, just so they have room for theirs.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I'm sure there are plenty of single passengers willing to give up their seats, so I'm not obligated to give up mine.

• Not if I had to leave a place next to my wife and son for it. Otherwise no problem

• You'd have to be some sort of arsehole to not do that, unless it separated you from your family/friends

• i likely wouldn't care.

• Yes.

• It depends. If I'm sitting with someone, I wouldn't. If I'm alone, I most likely would.

• You won't be my girlfriend in 2 hr flight
    And clouds are more important, so take your fluorescent smile somewhere else.

• sure, I like being on my own! But I don't want to be in the middle

• If I'm on my own and both seats have as much leg space, then yes.

• If I'm alone and the seats don't matter, then why not?

• depends how nice they are and which seat I will get/give up like sitting next to a strange guy