Would God answer an Atheist's prayer?

Let's presume it was sincere.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• God will listen to anybody that seeks him, sincerely. He always says 'seek and you shall find, knock and I will answer'. He knows the hearts, the minds and the true intentions of people. The point is having a relationship with him. The main reason why people don't believe in him or want to is because the churches are not preaching and telling the whole truth about God. They are not being an example of how he wants us to walk. And force their own faith on their children, when they don't even having a relationship with God on their own. He loves to be called father, 'Abba' is: Father, Dad, Daddy, whatever you prefer in Hebrew. Its a relationship that's the same between a child and their mother and father. He hears good and hears bad. You can have cancer today, and it'll be gone tomorrow. But you have to truly be sincere and want to be saved unless he has other plans for you. So yes, he does answer he doesn't care what nationality you are, or how far deep you fell in sin. If you get to know him, and he knows your heart he will answer. The only thing though that he does say is that if you lack forgiveness, then neither shall he forgive you. When he says about not judging people, he is saying that you can't give righteous judgement if your doing the same sin. Not what you did in the past. For an example is premarital sex. A person who is Christian or believes in God can't place judgement on a person for having sex outside of marriage if they are doing the exact same thing now. Or think that the other persons sin is far worse then theirs. He makes it clear that sin is still sin, and the punishment of 'sin' period is death. This is why we have all these broken homes, sickness and diseases, people dying young, why women can't get pregnant, etc. This applies to everybody, young and old, men, women, child, all in between, and all things living. But no matter how bad, he will listen and forgive. And you don't need anybody else's justification of that except through him. Not even from me.

Most Helpful Guy

• CS Lewis is an example of this. He wrestled a ton with the issue of a God-ordered world vs. a godless one, and which one made more sense.

What Girls Said 10

• If it was sincere it means he's not Atheist because e would be praying to god therefore acknowledging his existence.
    Anyways, not all prayers are answered "Atheist" or Not.

• If it existed then I would assume so. If there was a god I wouldn't think it would discriminate. It would just give.

• Atheists don't actually pray, so I think they would actually be an agnostic. The sincerity of the prayer would prompt me to think there was a belief, which a true atheist does not have (in God, I mean).

• How could it be sincere if an atheist doesn't even believe in God? XD

• I dont believe in God, but I hear from everyone that he "does" hear everyone's prayers no matter if you believe in him or not.

• God is the most merciful, if you're an "atheist" praying to God, you're reaching out to him which means that you're not 100% atheist... God hears everyone's prayers..
    God says to walk to him and he'll run to you.

• Like asking him for help? the thing is you have to believe to receive help so if they truly believe there might be something greater then themselves then yes they can receive the blessing.

• Absolutely.

• This scripture came to my mind when I saw your question:

"so that people might seek God, even perhaps grope for him and find him, though indeed he is not far from any one of us." (Acts 17:27, New American Bible)

• If it was sincere, they would not be an atheist. For prayers to be answered, you have to have faith in your words, and have faith that He will do what's best for you. If you are an atheist, you don't believe in God, and so what would they be praying to?

What Guys Said 18

• Which god?
    If gods answered prayers, who would need 911?

• Depends on how forgiving he is.

• If he or she is praying then they aren't an atheist but instead a believer of some kind.

• If the prayer is sincere, then I say yes.

• Then he/she wouldn't be an atheist, right?

• Isn't that an oxymoronic paradox since the one would negate the other?

• an atheist wouldn't make a sincere prayer because he doesn't believe in God

• Well god answered the one prayer of Satan , but Satan knows there's a god , I don't know actually

• yes he would

• Which god?

• well if they're benevolent like most major religions claim, then yes.

• This question makes no sense whatsoever.

• Wait... Who would an atheist pray to?

• Of course, God answers.

• I would if i was a god I would not require anyone to believe in me just not be a total dick or selfish asshole.
    Id also try to make peace with lucifer and turn hell into a place for reform not punishment because no one living knows anyway.
    Id set up eternal orgys asuming you can't have ghost babies or get gost STDs when you die in which case id get a team together and build full body suits in vr rooms so people could have virtual orgys.
    Generally id try to be a hell of a lot nicer and more forgiving with rehab as the main policy adopting a mix of laws from earth to suit heaven and hell though it would depend on the situation i had as well ie was there any issue with space or wars with other gods to deal with, where there other worlds joining and did we get on with the inhabitants?

• Well if he was "perfect" like people who believe in him say then yeah I guess he would. But I don't see why an athiest would be praying anyway

• It's a moot point, as an atheist wouldn't pray to any "god".

• He doesn't even answers his/her or something followers prayers, let alone atheist. So no.