What are things we do today that will make future generations say: "why did they think that was a good idea"?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• "why did they think that was a good idea"?

The question should be:
    Why did WE think that was a good idea?

Every generation looks back at when they were young, and sees how stupid they were. You'll look at yourself and think "Wow, I can't believe I used to think that / believe that / do that."

I think the biggest one will be the over-use of technology, like texting, social media, computers, and generally interfacing with the world though electronics instead of using your own eyes and ears.

I think the other thing will be a realization that the current generation is becoming more distant from nature. It seems like there are so few people any more who really truly get out in nature. Like so close to nature that you can feel it's pulse and rhythm.

What Girls Said 14

• Polluting the environment (specifically air and oceans), breeding animals just to slaughter them, genetically modifying crops/food, creating humanoid robots, the list is endless..

• The current US presidential election.

• 0|1
  • Lots of things. Musically is up there

• Feminism, disappearing gender role

• Yeah its being polar opposites that kept the mystery growing up and made the opposite sex attractive. Familiararity breeds contempt. Men amd women are getting sick of each other. Its all planned

• The meat and dairy industries- all the slaughter and cruelty.

• Its turning into a womans world now. No doubt theyll ban meat consumption soon and give all the wee cows and sheep free council houses and money and a right to vote. Then there'll be livestockism and we'll have a horse in office by 2030.

• @bluenose1872 Riiiight, because male vegetarians or vegans don't exist...

Ethics and health reasons aside, the production of animal products has a profound negative impact on the environment.

• Not the livestock but their upkeep. So do crops with fertilisers and pesticides. They wipe out biodiversity.

• The current presidential election.
    Selfie sticks
    Twerking
    Senseless environmental pollution
    Factory farming
    Inventing GaG lol jk

• Über, selfies, hash tags, one hit wonder musicians, e. t. c.

• Um Trump? Still can't believe people are paying attention to that guy.

• Electing Trump as candidate and maybe president

• *Drive cars
    *Have sex with people
    *Post tmi blurbs across all of our socials
    *Shop offline in retail stores
    *Have ONE leader of a country
    *Violence
    *Terrorism
    *Conformity
    *Hate

• Invention of the Internet.

• Twerking.
    blacklivesmatter riots- exuse me, "protests"
    Reaction channels on YT

I could go on.

• Have Donald trump as a candidate for president

What Guys Said 12

• I can see the whole idea of social media being refined and in the future they will look back at the early attempts of social media saying "How Naïve" - I can see moves being made against trolling, baiting, stalking and it being a far more closed, selective environment than large open forums (maybe not from a marketing point of view the large open format is where the money is)

• Everything we're doing today. Why did we give women power. Why did we have multi-culturism. Why did we encourage people to be walking freaks. Why did we make people slaves to debt. Why did we attack the family unit. Why did we lie to the people constantly. Why were our systems so corrupt. I could go on forever

• Send children to war.

• Feminism and environmental damage, racism, pollution. etc.

• Electing Hillary Clinton
    BLM
    Allowing anyone into any bathroom
    Rap music

• I suspect using Tinder and FWB's will be some of those things.

• Feminism and immigration from the Third World.

• Use money.

• Pokemon GO lol

• transgenders and enforced multiculturalism

• Brexit