Do you avoid certain atmospheres?

I have a really hard time being in certain places. Especially places with young people and a lot of lower income people. If I go to a convenient store, a Walmart, a fast food place, anywhere like that, I get like instant anxiety. Or anywhere with big crowds. Trains are the worst!

It seems like those are the places where people... especially guys for me.. get really obnoxious and harass women. At least in my area.

I generally prefer to just stay in like.. low key upscale environments. Like fashionable clothing stores, nice restaurants, classy bars. And I never like to be alone. I always need a boyfriend or a group of friends or someone with me.

Is this a debilitating way to go through life? I have a job and make good money. I just struggle with more low brow environments. Is anyone else like me?

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you just have social anxiety

0|0
    0|0
    • Does that apply if it's only certain environments and types of people? I'm completely comfortable around certain types of people even if they're strangers

Most Helpful Girl

• So from what I read, you're a high maintenance bitch who looks down on poor people? ... interesting.

And no, I am certainly nothing like you. Thank God.

2|1
    0|0
    • Extreme.

• Poor people are more aggressive and violent. That isn't my fault

• Wow, this is Epic! High maintenance bitch! ROFLMAO!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I usually don't feel comfortable in crowded places.

0|0
    0|0
  • A big or noisy crowd like a party I find tiring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Atmospheres I avoid are ones that are too old, too young, too liberal, too conservative, too noisy, too rowdy, and too disorderly.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Please get a therapist and work on your classism while you're at it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I generally avoid expensive places because they always look at me like I'm going to cause trouble. 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • Why on earth, you don't look like you would hurt a fly <3

• Thanks, I guess. That's how stereotypes work, though. Just like how you think poor people are violent or aggressive.