Why do many men find short hair on women unattractive?

Hair such as pixie cuts, undercuts, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because long hair looks a hell of a lot better.

I mean, many women look like a dude with short hair. Not all of course, as I've seen many attractive women with short hair

However, the number doesn't hold a candle to long hair

It shows and emphasizes beauty and youth

Plus, feminism is taking short hair as their own, so there's that. The whole liberation and yada yada patriarchy, muh-soggy-knee, blah blah

For me, I'd date a woman with short hair, but it's extremely hard to pull off without looking either like an effeminate dude or a lesbian

Most Helpful Girl

• Because long hear represents the beauty and the covering on the woman's head. She is supposed to be covered and is something for men to discover, uncover. Otherwise they will give up the chase. Men just naturally love longer hair on a female because it's feminine compared to short hair. For a lot of women, it's hard to grow out hair, but some woman can't either because of genetics or the lack of a proper diet. An example of why women have it hard is because they eat a lot of junk foods, instead of foods rich in vitamins, iron, omega 3's, fish oils, etc to help grow them out. I love short hair styles, but I never wanted to have short hair. Some I'm growing it out. The point is hair also attracts certain guys attention. It also depends on the guy.

What Guys Said 33

• It really depends on her! I usually prefer long, wavy hair, braided, or a Dutch Crown style, but I have known a few with short hair, and it worked, for them!!

• Lack of imagination, too easily fooled by appearances.

However, some simply don't look good. Not sure if that's a hair thing or a general physical appearance thing. I'm more towards the latter.

• Not everyone can pull it off. It looks great if properly done though. My mom has one, and of course she's beautiful that way.

• I kinda dig the side of head shave if it's styled

• I honestly don't mind unless the girl has it styled like a guys. Of course I have to shave my head bald so I don't care about hair.

• it has to frame the womans face correctly or else it looks like shit

• Because only some certain women look hot with that hair cut...

And some don't... Either ways I like long hair which reaches till the girls butt... it's so hotttt !

• You think having shit in your hair is attractive? Mkay.

• That you know of.

• @LaVilaine huh whatever

• Long hair is associated with femininity.

• Not feminine

• Long head hair is very human. Short hair looks very masculine, and the type of women who have short hair are mostly butch.

• Because short hair looks masculine, not feminine.

• Because its associated with femininity. girls look more attractive in longer hairs 💕
    I just love longer hair on girls.

• It's programmed into our DNA I think, just like women like square jaws on men.

• Femininity is tied to hair length in many cultures.

• Cutting your hair short as a woman will make you look like a feminist. Generally not a good look.

• Whyd you wanna look like a guy if u r chick, duhh

• It's ugly. It makes them look less feminine.

• Some girls can pull it off.

• most women can't pull short hair of well it just doesn't suit them or if they usto be really long hair then got short it is a sudden unexpected change

• You need some high cheek bones to pull off the look.

• I do not find that attractive at all

• hate short hair. dont like it at all.

• Because it makes her look like old women, less feminine. Long hair is youth.

• i am almost in love with a girl who has short hair, she is so cute damn

• Because he like Women, not 12 year old boys

• I dunno. I like short hair. <3 XD

• its like women all over the world ditched femininity and are now turning into men. Screw this world

• It's not unattractive. It looks hideous.

• used to, but this girl...
    so, i think it depends on girl; in generally long hair looks better

• cause it looks too much like a man

• More from Guys
    3

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Because men who think that have notoriously bad taste and can't admit how amazing women look in short hairstyles :)

• Tradition!!

Dont bother asking, they dont know. They just feel its somehow less feminine. Why is it less feminie? They dont know.
    And thats because its a completley arbitray tradition that they were raised to associate feminity with. But really there's nothing inherently masculine about having short hair

• Unless you have a really really gorgeous face, long hair is better. there are a few women who look better with short hair

• because to their eyes it looks kinda less feminine... but hey... not all men feel the same about haircuts

• Cause it looks like a boy. Straight men like girls that look like girls... Who likes girls that look like boys? Most likely Gay people do.

• Really? I thought guys always prefer long hair on girls. Short hair can be attractive if the girl has the right feature to pull it off. Not for me though. I look horrible with short hair.

• I love cutting my hair short from time to time, boys opinions don't matter to me.

• Because long hair is usually associated with femininity. And being the masculins creatures that they are, men often seek the opposite, which is women with feminine traits.

• It could stem from an evolutionary thing, as historically women with long hair were healthier and thus more fertile. Now I think they just associate short hair with men, and you know how homophobic men can be.

• Because the societal norm is that long hair = femininity. There's no other reason other than that.

• Really? Let me cut my hair short, right quick.

• Its not very feminine at all.
    I personally don't like it either and I'm bi :P

• i think long hair is just considered more girly because mostly girls hair grows longer than guys, so guys might just find longer hair more feminine and attractive