Ok I'm 16 and have been a really picky eater but I'm trying to be better and try stuff?

One thing I know I have never tried is fish of any kind and I figured why not give it a shot so my question is what would be a good kinda fish to try for a first time?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try any kind of fish fillet. I prefer battered cod with chips.

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ock_photo_of_fish_and.jpg

Fillets dont have bones which is my main problem with fish lol. The bones are really small and easy to swallow.

• Um ok but I think I'm going to try not to fry it lol

• @Jxpxtxr thats the stereotype hah by the way that wig looks awesome :O

• Lol thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe something that is pretty common and mild in flavor, like catfish or tilapia?
    I know how you feel, because I used to be a horribly picky eater and was scared to death to eat fast food. I hadn't had a hamburger that was more than just the patty for years when I finally sucked it up and tried one. I don't know why, but I'm not near as picky as I used to be about food and I'm a lot more open to trying new things. I guess I just grew out of it, but I'm not sure.
    You would've thought I was making a life changing decision when I decided to order my first Burger King Whopper last year when I just turned 20. I was scared to death to eat it, but it ended up being pretty good and I'm glad I tried it.
    That being said, I still have to limit myself when it comes to fast food because I have a very sensitive digestive system with the possibility of ulcers, so too much of it hurts my stomach.

• Well I'm going to not fry the fish lol

• Ok thanks I will probably try the first one I used to catch cat fish and I know how much of a pain it is and is way to ease to make taste bad so thanks

• No problem!

What Guys Said 10

• The key to trying new foods is to give the food the best chance of showing you what it can be in the hands of someone who knows how to properly prepare it.

So don't cook it yourself. If you want to try fish, go to a Japanese restaurant ran by a Japanese chef, or a Cantonese restaurant where there are fish tanks with live fish swimming inside, and less than 1/3 of the people there are white.

• Um I can't do that ware I live the people are vary crappy cooks so every thing that bad lol and I know how to cook fish I used to do it all the time I just did not eat it

• Ok.

Well, in that case, stick to what you know. If I were to recommend a fish for someone to cook for the first time, I'd recommend Tuna because you can just grill it like a steak. Then just throw on a sprig of parsley, squeeze some lemon juice, maybe some hollandaise sauce, and you're good to go.

• Of course he picks that of all the bloody fish in the world. Ok thanks for the info I will give it a shot

• Salmon does not have that strong of a fish taste and would be regarded as one of the most pleasant of fishes to try so as good a place as any to try.

• Lol well at least I'm getting better I will probably try 2 or 3 kinds of fish before passing a judgement lol I'm doing a lot better I tried shrim, tacos , macaroni salad, egg rolls , burgers witch was tricky for me do to I don't like the texture of ground meat lol

• Get something breaded. I've been eating fish for years, but I still can't eat anything that's not breaded.

I'd recommend Cod, as it was my first fish, and its not bad at all. Also... drown it in tartar sauce. That's what I do 😅

• That's an advice from a fat 5 year old American kid. If you're a real man, you'd eat fish unbreaded.

• honey, many girls I know eat raw fish like sushi and sashimi, and they're really wonderful people.

• @somanybugs key words I'm picky as fuck and I meant like in the picture

• Go for fish and chips! It's usually cod or haddock which are not especially strong tasting. From there try some thinly sliced smoked salmon.

• Ya ok man life would be easier if I wasn't so picky

• Oh my god that's funny
    Look pink anon I'm the lest picky proem you've ever met,
    Promise
    My sister is exact opposite
    If I can deal with her bs I got you
    Message me I won't creep

• In order of tastiness:

Skate or Ray wings.
    Basa/River Cobbler
    Cod
    Sea Bass

Most other fish taste like shit to me, but I find those fish better tasting than meat.

• Also, Eel is tasty, but don't eat Eel first, until you get a taste for fish flesh.
      Salmon is fishy and nasty. So is mackerel and kipper.
      Tuna is bland and metallic, and slightly fishy.
      Look for the ones I listed above and you will love nice tasting fish and know that commonly eaten fish tastes like shit.

I'm a fisherman. Trust me.

• Ummmm I think I will try more coming fish since that would be tricky to get ware I live

• I may try cod tho

• Salmon.

• Salmon why salmon?😇

• I did not plan on eating it fried

• Salmon is nasty and fishy. It's good for you but not tasty.

• You should try fried fish like @Pac-Man suggested. Raw fish will taste bad for a beginner like you.

• I was not going to eat it raw

• Fried is still the best option for you. At least for your first time!

• Salmon

• Halibut.

• Halibut?

• Being picky is a habit. It's a habit you can break.

• Ya I know and I'm working on it

What Girls Said 9

• I'm not a big fish person either so I understand your dillema. In my opinion tomato flavoured tuna and crumbed fish (probably flake?) are the most agreeable. Having a condiment you enjoy helps as well but don't saturate the fish in it or it'll be a bit of a waste.

• I probably won't use a condiment to start

• That's fine :) I just always found it made it a taste a bit more familiar. I hope you find something you like.

• I will probably try 2 ta 3 kinds of fish before I decide to say I don't like it lol but at least I'm getting better lol

• Fried fish would be a good start I think. But if you'd rather try something healthier, maybe some fish tacos? Good for you for trying things!

• Thanks I'm getting better lol

• Salmon or Tilapila are good choices because they are relatively mild in taste and don't require much seasoning except from pepper, salt and some lemon juice.

• Well make sure it's cooked right. Try tilapia in the oven.
    Recipe :
    Season tilapia with lemon pepper , onion powder , garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper , and paprika.

Cut up red onions or purple onions in slices or chunks and sprinkle it over the fish.
    Cut up about half a stick of butter and melt it , then drizzle it over the fish.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake on 300 until it's done.

Eat with rice by the way. Cause the fish is gonna make a sauce.

• Um ok

• Well if you're gonna try something for the first time at least make sure it taste good. So that way you won't be afraid to try it the next time. I'm picky as well.

• When you see food, just try and not think about it too much, just go for it once its in front of you, from then on , make your decision, its understandable for all of us to like only certain food :)

• Um that is not really the question

• whoopps i didn't see that 0_0 sorry ahhaha try any fish that has batter, so its crumbed, they always tend to taste better then from there try ones that dont, cod fish battered is pretty yummy :)

• Well I think I'm going to avoid bartering it since I'm trying to eat healthier

• How about starting with the simple, go with some baked haddock. I know one thing, haddock is never disappointing! Goes great with some lemon juice.

• Sardines on toast with a dash of lemon is very nice!

• never hissssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Oh, ok.

Well how about salmon? When bought fresh at a fishmongers, it tastes great. Store bought salmon is very underwhelming.

• ok kk

• Aweeeeeeee I was the same
    Try salmon

• I would say do like fried fish or something like that. My boyfriend and I caught catfish and made it up and was good. I wouldn't go to like red lobster and try it, I went there and ordered up a $30 plate and while the food was ok the texture of crab and stuff was so gross I couldn't eat it so was just a waste of money. Maybe go to a little bar or something and order a fish dinner and it will be like fried fish with fries and they are usually pretty good

• Lol thy don't have red lobsters ware I live the best thy got here is panzlagra don't trust that spelling I have not seen the sign in some time lol