Why is it so weird that women like sports?

When a guy finds I like sports, I get 2 different reactions. The first: guy thinks it awesome and we talk football for an hour. The second: guy says something along the lines of really? Whats the blood type of the Baltimore Ravens coach from the 80's? That's an exaggeration but you get the point. Women who, like sports are gifts from God.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because a lot of girls pretend to like sports to get a guy. And if that sounds sexist, don't worry. A lot of guys will fake liking a band or artist or whatever that particular girl likes to get in her pants as well... Or at least impress that guy or girl. Every dude has. Football is a guys sport. Again, not sexist, but there's no real equivalent like the wnba or softball. Mostly only guys play it. I mean there's the lingerie league, but let's call that what it really is 😏. But in fairness, a lot of dudes don't really understand or pay attention to football that watch it

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know?

Almost all the women I know like at least one sport. Maybe we don't have entire data banks of stats in our head, but that's because we remember people's birthdays and to take the trash out. 😂 (That last part's a joke, much love guys)

What Guys Said 19

• Because it's not that common to see a woman that likes sports... well, at least in my experience. Most of the girls I've always been around, weren't big sports fans, and those who did claim to like sports, didn't really know anything about it. Yeah, most played some sport, but they didn't watch it.

But now that I'm in America, which is much more into sports, I've found a LOT of women that are into them, so at first it was surprising, in a good way, since I love sports myself.

• Women who like and are knowledgeable about sports ARE gifts from God. And as rare as unicorns. @Rcjh1987 is a sweet and lovely unicorn.

• I find there are a lot of women (more than not maybe even) that like sports now. Dating profiles, social networking sites etc women always seem to have sports on there somewhere. I personally am not into them so I could care less lol.

• "Women who, like sports are gifts from God."

Well no. It just means you have an interest in things that some guys have an interest in. Some women who do that fake the interest.

• I think it's awesome. I mean I'm not a major sports fan, but i ha couple teams I like. What are yours?

• its not personally I don't care for the details ie witch player did what I don't care as it doesn't impact me.
    But i like playing sports

• its not weird ,,, uncommon is more like it but not weird

• Not here in Beantown. We have plenty of female fanatics.

• its not weird but most of the girls are not interested in sport as much as men do

Not really.

And why do guys react like that? Because many girls do pretend to like guy activities just to get special cookiepoints of attention. Its a defensive mechanism that they ask you out.

• So? Even if it's fake, you can teach them something. If the girl was pretty, I bet the guy wouldn't care.

• So we are talking about different things here. You are talking about guys who deny altogether that you are liking sports. I am talking about why guys are checking out if a girl is doing so or not independent of him then believing her or not.

• That's fair enough. It annoys me when girls admit they only like sports because they use it an ice breaker for guys. I just try to ask subtle questions like did you see the game last Sunday? Or I will ask about a specific game., And if they say something ridiculous or something that didn't happen, I know they're fake.

• I find football loving girls pretty much a turn off I dont know why.

• I think its cool coz we have more to talk about and shows ur fun and sporty

• Because most women don't like sports, it's the number one reason why female athletes don't make the same as male athletes. More men watch the wnba than women. It's women that don't support women's sports, not men.

• Because you guys just pretend... I would ask you who the water boy was for Joe Montana but you would just Google it!

• I think it's ok for females to like sports, but from my experience, most of them were really cocky and annoying about it.

• It's not weird. I think it's amazing! More if they like football. I hope my future girlfriend loves football as me

• SPORTS MEANING SHUFFLE?

IF NOT NO CARE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRqQBWLMQpU

• usually if you dont do them yourself, it comes off as fake. non athletes, typically dont like sports

• Lol.

What Girls Said 9

• it's social thing, women are underestimated in many ways
    sports are considered mostly guy's thing
    so they don't think women would get it
    or they pretend to get it so they would like them
    stupid gender bias again
    women are not taken seriously in the 'field of men'

• Because boys are taught from early childhood to play football, baseball, basketball etc. while girls are 'taught' to play with dolls and other feminine toys.

• I don't see anything weird about that. I sport 4 to 6x/week

• i don't know i get offended if anyone assumes i like sports

• It's really not... at least where I live lol

• I like football.
    NO not the type where you have the ball in your hand.

• Because a lot of females who say they love sports are trying to do it to get attention from guys. And no, just because a female enjoys sports doesn't mean she's a gift from god. You seem a bit overly confident.

• Thank you. Have my poverty reps

• @Iamweasel blocked but only because you're annoying. If you can't accept some girls truly like sports, you're pathetic and weak. Which is fine I am not interested in weak men. And many other girls would concur.

• cuz sportz suck, Y would anyone like that shit

• What kind of sports you think women like?

• I can't really speak for other women. But I like all sports. I enjoy watching football, baseball, volleyball, and basketball the most. My dad and I discuss football all the time.