Mom works nights?

Ok so my mom works nights so I'm home alone at night and it makes me jumpy every little noise trips me out what can I do to be less jumpy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal to be feeling a little nervous when home alone, no one would want some stranger coming into your house. You gotta build up the mentality that it's YOUR home, that you know this place better than anyone else.
    If you're feeling jumpy all of the time, check the whole house. You'll see that there is no one there. Next, try turning on all the lights if you're still feeling jumpy. You might feel a little strange doing it but at least you get the comfort that no one will be able to hide out in the light.
    Still feeling scared? Lock all the entry doors and windows, shut all of the blinds and shutters. Leave room doors open so you can see inside if you feel like checking a room out.
    Put the TV on or put on some music, with those on you won't be able to hear much, I doubt you'll hear anything really. Call a friend if you're becoming really scared, it will calm down any anxiety you have.
    If you feel in danger and sense that something's wrong, lock all the room doors, hide yourself and call the police. It's even better if you have something to defend yourself with, trust me I've been in that situation before.

• um one i can't leave doors open 2 I have been jumpy about being alone ever since I was 9 because some drunk guy started beating on the door and was screaming at me and mom I remember he got the door open and I remember mom dragging me out the back door with the dog running to the car and as for something to defend myself take your pick I got a dog that's as tall as my hip that goes for crotch shot a rifle in my closet 3 throwing tomahawks 3 throwing knives a Bowie knife a boot knife and a cat

• Las Cruces is about 4 hours away from where I am now and Amarillo Texas hard for me to remember but I'm going to say like probably like 5 hours maybe 6

• Oh ok, that's actually not that bad, right? I mean at least it's not the other damn side of the country haha

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad was a blackjack dealer so I was home alone a lot in the summers too. I would just lock the door like I was told and then hang out on the internet and listen to music. Time goes surprisingly fast that way! Does your mom call you on her breaks? That can help too.

What Guys Said 15

• Lol relax there is nothing there. We all have to go through that feeling sometime. In a month you won't even notice that feeling. Turn on a tv show you like and watch it in bed. When you go to sleep put in your ear buds and listen to the music that you enjoy.

• I don't think thare is a monster under my bed this is not the first time I've been home alone at night I'm just jumpy when I'm by myself is all

• Lock up the doors and keep light music on when you sleep. Real low volume. Learn to meditate :)

And if I'm around talk to me :D

• Lol no that would allow me to be alone with my thoughts and my thoughts be scary lol I think I will stick to turning on a cute movie lol

• it did not hurt me just spooked me

• Still... take good and better care of yourself :)

• Just tell yourself that if the noises you are hearing are actually something potentially dangerous and not just the random noises that every house makes, then only you will be brutally murdered and not both you and your mother.

That should help calm the nerves.

• Poor girl that does suck

• Why are you saying poor girl for?

• Thanks lol

• You're very welcome 😁

• Have a phone and a weapon in your hands, I guess. Or ask your mom if you can get a dog. Shouldn't you be sleeping, though? Most people sleep at night. I'm guessing you are having a hard time sleeping.

• Well your jumpy cause your nervous and scared right? You gotta build up a healthy confidence
    It's your house, your castle, your safe
    Get comfortable and distract yourself, sooner then later you'll chill
    want some self defense advice or soemthing?

• If your house is safe (window guards etc if not in a floor 3 and more) why to fear? Put a few shoes to doorstep and turn a light which can be seen from far outside , on.. That will be enough to not fear.

• Um it would not be that hard to get in this house

• I can't see follow me to message

• You have a gun r8ght

• Go to towards every noise (it helped me) and you'll see it's nothing :)

• It doesn't help me I have always been jumpy because when I was 9 some drunk guy was beating on the door screaming at me and Mon and broke in

• Lol well I found out how to be less jumpy lol

• Keep your.45 right on your hip till your mom is home

• I don't have a 45😂 I have a dog and a rifle lol

• I only sleep in my underwear, wearing clothes makes you sweat

• Ya but your a guy that is different most guys sleep in thare underware

• Be less jumpy

• Haha fun

• My mom used to work 2nd n 3rd shift when I was 8 to 14. Soon after my little bro was born (the reason she had 2 jobs)

I didn't have the luxury of being afraid. I was too busy changing diapers and worrying about my mom working so hard.

Keep your chin up you'll be fine

• I didn't have a sitch till my cussins and grandpaw who kept me busy

• What about your dad isn't he at home?

• LOL that's funny LOL my parents have been divorced since I was 6 years old They Live 24 hours away from each other so no my dad's not here

• pray

• invite a guy around for sex

• hay wo watch it one have a boyfriend can't do that 2 not going to

• no need to put the penis on a pedestal sis.

• I wasn't

• Just enjoy your stay here on gag, you'll orget those jumps

What Girls Said 4

• lock all the doors and windows,, and have some hot drink

• Do you have a dog? Preferably a big one who's protective?

• This is good advice @soulbabe

• 😂😂😂😂

• I'm not kidding my cousins live across the floor with his legs apart and said what you got dog I sat there and flipped a page in a book I was reading said I wouldn't do that if I were you he said oh why not just a dog and he did it again and my dog's setup got a running start and planted both front paws to his crotch when he bent over she ran behind him and pushed him down and started chewing on the back of his head not hard of course I sat there and I go that's why I swear on my life this is all true

• Sleep with light if you here noises its probably the house setling.

• Put on headphones and listen to your favorite songs.