Dose anyone else have trouble sometimes with connection when try to you Skype overseas?

I have an Army friend who is stationed in Afghanistan and we chat over Skype but sometimes we have connection issues or the video starts to glitch out and I miss whole sentences and I have to ask my friend to repeat it and it can get annoying at times.

Is It just me or have you experienced this before with Skype.

Most Helpful Guy

• Video chat, you'll have all sorts of issues lol. That much undersea cable causes a lot of lag and a lot of potential issues between your house and his/hers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've experienced it but it's because of the connection on their side because of the weather but not too often. I Skype with my friend too.

What Guys Said 3

• You have following option
    1. you can use whatsapp or viber to chat with army friend.
    2. you can use many other video chat app IM.
    3. you can go to Afghanistan to meet him.
    4. you can call him to your place.
    5. you can chat with your any other friend on whatsapp.
    6. you can also ask him to record video upload to youtube and you can do the same in reply.
    7. you can meet him in your dream. lol.

• yes this happened to me too

• I never tried Skype so I don't know what kind of trouble it gives you.

What Girls Said 3

• Skype is shit and you'd still have connection problems if your friend was in the same house as you.

• Eh it's pretty good but it uses a lot of bandwidth even for voice, I've had good video chats with people far away, it's generally someones on wifi or the lines in their area or between the two areas suck.

• @posted It's a huge memory hog. Pretty much any program uses less but Skype is available across the most devices :c

• I have issues with Skype when speaking with people in the same country, haha.

• It happened once or twice