What are you most proud of your country for?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Proud" is probably the wrong word. There are some things I find cool about my country. For example I really like the fact that my country is very clean (something other countries don't seem to be able to get right) and that everything is well structured and everything works. For example busses and trains are always exactly on time and things like that. I also like the nature and the mild climate. And I think it's cool that some important people were Swiss or at least lived in Switzerland for a long time. For example Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Henry Dunant (the founder of the international red cross), Carl Jung (famous psychologist) or Huldrych Zwingli (reformer) were Swiss. However, I'm not really "proud" of these things because pride is something you can only feel towards personal achievements. You can be proud to have studied hard for an exam and passed it. Or you can be proud to get an academic degree. But I didn't do anything for any of this. I just happened to be born in this country. So the feeling is more like "I find it cool".

What Girls Said 3

• The fact that it's suppose to be land of the free but you have to pay for land, foreigners are kept from coming in without legal documents assuming that they aren't here to harm our country. The laws are shit. We owe sooooooo much money. Our soldiers bust their asses and get paid shit and some get treated like it. Racism is very much still present and real. People are recklessly killing people. Some law enforcement take the oath and pledge under the constitution to protect and serve and some still abuse their rights. You pay so much for health care, dental, etc. Education isn't free. So if you ask me... I'm not too proud right about now.

• Nothing.

• Eastenders

What Guys Said 4

• Got some good comedies.

• In my country we have access to almost every culture's foodstuffs.

• Not falling into the ocean at this point

• For letting people like Noam Chomsky write books that speak against the ruling powers; for not shutting down real information e-zines like the Unz Review.

For all the freedom it provided to its population; this will be soon more of a memory than a present reality, though. The USA are well onward on the slope towards authoritarianism. (Notice how, on all important matters, 100% of mainstream media and 95% of politicians agree...)