Does anyone else do something like this?

A few weeks ago I started counting my thoughts on my fingers to understand or feel more secure in my thoughts. Each word from my thought accounts for one finger and my counting has to finish on a multiple of 5, otherwise it doesn't feel right. E. g. If it lands on 12, then I have to keep adding words until the counting lands on 15 or 20. Or if I realise that my counting is about to go over 10 and go to 12, I subtract words from my thoughts so it lands on 10. Ever since I first started doing it, it's become a habit. Does anyone do anything like this?

What Guys Said 2

• If doing this isn't becoming excessive and causing you any distress then I wouldn't be concerned about it. But it does sound sort of like a symptom of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. If you find yourself starting to get upset about doing this counting, you might want to see a psychiatrist.

• Not even sure if i understand what you wrote there, maybe cause i'm bad at math 😂😂. What im sure of i never do anything like that.

What Girls Said 0