Are you kidding me? Wolf Whistling is Now a Hate Crime in the UK?

First they start trying to criminalize what you do in your bedroom, and now this? seriously? what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• While I can understand how wolf whistling/cat calling/whatever is rude, to make it a criminal offense is going too far in my opinion. Something like this is only going to serve as fuel to the fire for a rift between men and women.

Yeah, it can be uncalled for, but should it be criminalized? Nope.

Wolf whistling should be distinguished from the true forms of sexual harassment (i. e. uncalled-for groping). It shouldn't be lumped in with them.

What Guys Said 16

• ih0.redbubble.net/.../flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

someone from a different country, can I just live with you? At this rate we might as well just go and live in the falklands

http://i.imgur.com/RAG0KF2.png

If the economy doesn't get you to police or SJWs will

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-8c96-3084de77c375.gif

• Lately I've been getting these strange feelings of being glad I'm living in Eastern Europe and it's not because my life has seen some amazing improvement. It's like everyone east of west of Vienna and east of Istanbul have gone completely batshit insane.

• That's why I think the UK is going dooooown xD
    First it's the flag being offensive.
    Then it's Internet trolling.
    Now it's cat calling (wolf whistling)?
    Soon you won't be able to fart without having the government come smell it.

I bet if a woman wolf whistles nothing will happen... oohh UK, you're doing it again xD

• By the way, I liked the 1984 reference. Many people (including me), have compared many of the crazy things going on today, like all the PC and SJW shit, is just like 1984.

• I live in America and it's a common thing where I live for women to get catcalled or yelled at by foreigners from Europe, mexico, etc. here. I just ignore them and laugh in my head because they speak to me in another language that I can not fucking understand anyways.

• @ikissedtheskyonce yeah, so do i. there are a lot of foreign guys who hit on me while i'm at work. i just pretend like i don't know what they're talking about, or tell them no.

• Harassment, yes... but not a "hate crime"!

• thats just over the top. this has nothing to do with human rights. this is just an attempt to social control.

• No words. No sensible comment. Stupidity level unimaginable, unprecendented, unpredictable.. I uh.. wow... mind blown. Can't speak... words.. need words..

• im thinking we need to get trump into office so we can end all of this nonsense.

• whats your question?

• my question is, is this not the craziest thing you've ever heard? if things keep going this way, people won't be able to have sex without government permission.

• it could be a way of getting a woman's attention... however so is "hi how are you?"

• you're right. however, it's getting to the point where guys are uncomfortable to say hi anymore. this is not right.

• Can't you see the writing on the wall? "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

• hm, criminalisation feels excessive, but i suppose one persons right to not be harassed is more important than another's to harass.
    and i don't think there is anything healthy or natural about yell at people on the street, that's just unpleasant.. i've certainly never felt it to be an appropriate thing to do..

• I don't think it's a "hate crime" personally, but I do admit it's better to regulate it.

• I don't think I would ever do that it is just stupid so no fines for me if I visit!

• Meh. World's better without it.

• I for one don't appreciate being whistled at.

• That's one country I'll never be visiting.

• It's been that way for years in the UK not just come in.
    It's been against the law for over ten years

What Girls Said 7

• BUT... BUT... BUT I * LIKE* being wolf whistled at!

- Do not move to UK - v. v

• When did this happen? I live here and I ain't heard of this happening? It is sexual harassment though. I mean it doesn't bother me when people cat call/wolf whistle me but other people feel uncomfortable from it.

• i just found out about this today, but I don't live there. I just thought it was messed up. He posted it two hours ago.

• @Kaylyne thats fine. its still not harassment. it would have to be a repeated occurrence. since its different men its just annoying not harassment.

• you may feel harassed but thats just in your mind.

• Well it's ridiculous, but personally I also don't think anything bad can come of guys not being allowed to ww at girls

• awww I wouldn't be able to wolf wish my bf? That sucks. :'(

• How many people actually get wolf whistled on the streets these days? I've never seen that happen randomly on the street.

• actually i haven't been whistled at like that for a long time. i've had people honk at me, but most of them our customers from the store where i work. they're just saying hi.

• are... oops

• Well this is all news to me, and I live in the UK.

• What even is wolf whistling?

• Well maybe he shouldn't do it then. If it makes someone uncomfortable then it's a big deal.

• no it isn't. it's not like he grabbed your junk. it definitely is not a hate crime. it's just a nuisance.