Why do people feel they've the right to your time?

I told this girl who had been bothering me "irl" that she wasn't worth my time because she kept asking for my help with some summer course, didn't even turn to face her, and she started crying ( audibly ) and walked off.

Where do people get the audacity that their lives are worthy of my attention? Or anyone's for that matter?

The idea repulses me. And no, I practice as I preach, fully aware of myob value to you and others is null (at best).

• Parents
  • Schools
  • Society
  • Friends
  • Media
  • Other
  • It's self- manufactured delusion

Most Helpful Guy

• I "had" a friend like that. Help me with this, take a look at that. I was getting tired of it. He didn't follow my advice anyway. Hire someone who knows & has the parts.

What Girls Said 11

• I blame parents, they taught their kids that they are entitled so they go around acting like that. My sister thinks that what ever she asks me to do, I should do it. if not I am evil, mean, bad, hateful etc. I am going to ignore it. My brother acts like that too. Like my house is his house, my money is his money, my stuff is his and my food is his food. Um... not really and my gas is his gas and he was going to siphon my gas and my husband though that was Really weird

• Think it could be a combination of all your choices, personally I can't stand giving anyone my time... but because I believe the human race would be better if we helped each other, I give my time when I can. If someone is in need, even if it seems petty and trivial to me, it obviously isn't to them. It isn't up to me to me to judge, but if I can offer a little help, I feel obligated to do so (especially if they seek me out).

• The general idea of this is correct, you don't really owe anyone anything and you're free to manage your time however you see fit. But, just because you don't owe this girl your time, it doesn't mean you're incapable of telling her in a nice way that you can't help her. You can still be a decent human being and let people down nicely, unless a more harsh method is necessary to get your point across when they keep pestering you.

• I demand you pay attention to me because I'm awesome! No one else is going to delude themselves about my awesomeness, so I have to do it myself... and unfortunately for you I have decided that you should interact with me... it pleases me to do so... so sorry, tough luck!

• I almost agreed with you until I read your explanation. That was harsh of you. You didn't have to be so cruel about it. She just wanted help.

• Mmm... I don't think employment is right for you if you feel this way...

• never thought like that. I thought anyone can ask anyone for help if they needed it.
    As for demanding time from others, no one taught me that.

• That girl definitely do not accept "no". I think it comes from parents or self-delusion, can't realy decide. It can be both main reasons tho.

• Wasn't that a little harsh? She just wanted help with a class. It's not like she asked for your wallet or something

• Oh dear.

• Why are you being so sensitive about this?

What Guys Said 5

• The last one. Definitely the last one on a self-manufactured delusion. She could have just look for help elsewhere since you aren't interested in helping her or that you don't have the time to help her. Or the fact that you never wanted to help her to begin with.

There is really no point of crying about it, as you can't solely rely on someone to help you, as you have to be able to help yourself and get help else where and from someone else. Why did she want your help in the first place? I never get that part. Why can't she asked somebody else for help with that course? Do that have tutors or provide tutoring at all at that school?

However if you ever needed her help, then expect the same in return, don't bother knocking and she would most definitely give you a cold shoulder.

• Way to treat someone who asks for help.
    http://i.imgur.com/WEsKjz4.gif

• That gif doesn't go well since the message doesn't follow the lip movements at all...

• It's a shame Disney weren't expecting memes in 1937...

Asker you're a moron. Really? It's drawings done almost 80 years ago. I think we can give them a break? It's supposed to be funny from the movement not a lip reading exercise.

Spanktastic flid monkey.

• Mean !

• Gjdm, its hard to learn how to say NO as a man.

• Most people believe that others have some decency to them. Apparently that's not always the case