What do you think of Christianity?

have you ever read The Bible?
what do you think of christianity? and do you Think Americans are religuios christians?

Most Helpful Guy

• Was christian, read through bible... now atheist

I cringe at every christian telling me "Jesus loves you".

Most Helpful Girl

• no I haven't but I know a lot about it, I don't agree/ believe in it, and most of the Americans says they are but don't follow the "rules" like they have sex at 16 this is not what Christians are supposed to do

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, though I wasn't the type to memorize verses. I did notice a lot of things people don't commonly mention, like that the Garden of Eden was guarded by a cherubim with a flaming sword and that Noah lived to be hundreds of years old.

I don't care for Christianity even though I was raised on it and had to go to Sunday school every week. I developed an interest in science and engineering as well as Western history and the origin of a lot of religions. Christianity no longer seemed so special to me.

I also just saw so many people claiming to have Christ as their lord and savior and to have a personal relationship with him, only to see nothing special about them except that claim. They weren't always such kind-hearted people either (my church lead protests against Disney for hiring homosexuals, e. g.). I noticed a general pattern that what they claimed as "miracles" and prayers being answered could have happened to anyone and regardless of who they were praying towards (or not praying at all). It becomes a kind of superstition there, like thinking every shadow in the night is a ghost if someone believes strongly in ghosts.

Anyway, I don't have a thing against Christians but I do have kind of a thing against Christianity since I was raised to believe it and even threatened with damnation if I expressed the slightest doubts. As for Americans, a lot of Americans seem to be Christians but not all for sure.

• noplaceforsheep.com/.../I received a simplified Bible at 12. I later read the complete Bible and Quran.
    I don't like either.
    Christianity started persecuting unbelievers when Constantine made it his state religion and stopped only doing that when forced by the French Revolution and Enlightenment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83kIAfuKoE

And then some things were done to children by RC priests, even bishops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEAV8flG2wI

They're no saints but not all of them are 'sinners', of course.

• The blood atonement of Yeshua (Christ) freed us from the Law of Moses, and made righteousness before God attainable for mankind. All we need do is ask.

• It's another horseshit cult that needs to die out.

• I'm Catholic, and I have the deepest respect for Christianity.
    I've read the bible.
    The US is a melting pot, every faith is well-represented

• Just another religion for me. Technically I am babtized Catholic but I haven't attended church for more than a decade now.

• i love christianity,, everyone should read the bible

• I think you got people of all religions in America, I'm not going to generalize. I'm Christian, but over here there's many religions together

• 1. It's good.
    2. Once.
    3. It's good.
    4. Most identify as such so yes.

• im jewish

• A religion.
    Lots of young boys have been touched in christian and catholic churches
    yes i have read the bibles
    Yes, compared to other rich countries, America is more religous

• but do you think they follow the bible?

• lol there are few religions that dont have crazy fucks... ISIS much?

• @MrAssHat what?

What Girls Said 14

• Yes I read the Bible. I'm a Christian. Christianity is cool.

• AMEN!!!

• @Peskyn3gr0 - I'll google it, read, and disect it. Though I strongly suspect it's merely another God-hater diatribe such as those amassed by that poor Hitchens dullard.

• I've just now discovered his Letter to a Christisn Nation is actually a book. While I can't hold much hope for an author who is unable to discern the difference between a letter and a book, I'll attempt to read it.

• I've read most of it over the course of my life. I think Christianity is bull in terms of it being religion. I think some people are true Christians, as in, they follow the word of God, read the Bible, and live their lives in a Christ like manner, but not NEARLY as many do this as they think they do.

• not for me, most of my friends are christian and i respect it @bze17

• Yes I have read the Bible through several times, it's word forms the basis of my faith in Jesus Christ. Christianity is less of a religion per se' and more of a relationship with God through the atonement of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I have faith in what I cannot see and what cannot be disproved though many have tried throughout history.

• I have read the bible actually, and it was the most racist thing I've ever read. I believe Christianity is pure evil. It is also power hungry, degrading, and controlling. Among other things.

• It's a religion that I dearly respect. Monotheistic religion take a special place in my heart, there is one and only God, and I strongly believe in him and love him.

• I'm a christian but i don't find my opinion relevant on other religions.. whether i like they're life style or not.

• here we go, linking politics and religion again.

• Yeah, you're right. The Christian right never pushes any agenda in American government against gay marriage, stem cell research, and abortion. LOL "I believe this so everyone else should too!"

• It's a religion some people decide to follow. I've never read the bible, nor do I plan to.

• It's not for me but many of my friends are Christian.

• Yes I've read and bible in depth reaserched into it.

There's many sects within Christianity. Not all follower the scriptures. Some of their teachings are based on pagan beliefs and traditions

• I've never read the bible, I'm not Christian. Personally, I have no real feelings about Christianity (it sounds like any other religion to me) but some Christians are very loud in their beliefs and take it upon themselves to critisize my religion and promote theirs in my face. Not saying all Christians are like that at all-- it just seems I'm surrounded by a few of that type. I personally don't think that most americans are really religious? Because even though everyone goes to church and stuff, I can count the people on my fingers who didn't have sex until after marriage that I know are Christian... isn't there something against that in the Bible?

• I think it's a stupid religion that worships three gods but claims to be monotheistic..

• I think christianity is only religion