When will France ban cars?

As an outsider looking at what has happened in France, it amazes me that the French haven't banned automobiles yet. We see countless deaths per year as a result of cars, and the mass car accident that happened today is just another example of death by car. I mean how stupid and arrogant are they. They seem so proud of their cars and they cling to them with such patriotism.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like Americans with guns. XD

• More Americans are killed in car wrecks than Europeans as well.

• More like idiot people using them.

• Actually car deaths are close to double deaths from guns in the USA each year and serious car injuries that require hospitalization are around 2.3 million a year.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like your sarcasm!

• But you know, the savages who did that in France *still* had access to guns, and were free to rampage on a disarmed populace...

• Cars are far more dangerous! That why I think it is so outrageous that the French cling to them so patriotically. They deserve international scorn for not listening to the rest of the world that has to constantly tell them how reckless their car policies are...

• Staying in character! :D

What Girls Said 10

• But you do realise that actual cars were invented by Germans?

• Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot a French men built a military tractor in 1769. He developed the first assault tractor to mow down civilians and mass crashings.

• lmao nope, that attitude is still being taken by you.
      It also seems more like you are the one who hates to be faced with facts as you are starting to get so passive aggressive because you obviously see how you're in the wrong but just fail at admitting it.

• I'm done wasting words here tho. Bye.

• when will Ireland? hfuhfuhfu

• Super clever man. 💩

• What?

• Cars are a deadly weapon. There needs to be car control... They have all these lunatics running around with assault cars like maniacs.

www.washingtontimes.com/.../

• last week a french accquaintance asked me why there are no french cars in japan

• I KNEW someone on this site with their dark ass humour was going to make a question like this lmao.

• Maybe try reducing the speed limit on highways first.

• Rationing speed will never work. We need to ban all vehicles that can travel of 2 mph. I know you're saying to yourself, how will you ever hunt a deer with a car that can only go 2 mph, but if you wedge their neck under the tire first it is possible.

• Look man, this is the last post I'm gonna make here. I'm not mad, haven't been mad, and won't get mad.

I think most of us here understand the point you're attempting to make with satire. However, your weak suck attempt at humor is totally lame and distasteful. I know you think you're quite bright, but in reality you've proven yourself to be very dim.

As a Constitutionalist, I not only support the Second Amendment, but the entire Bill Of Rights. That guarantees you the Right to speak as stupidly as you choose to act. To post complete and utter fucktardery to your simple-minded heart's content.

Unfortunately, it's Americans like you that make the rest of us Constitutionalists appear to others as hairy, small-brained neanderthals for supporting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. You're not helping the cause of Liberty by taking a tragedy that includes innocent children being murdered, and attempting to make a political point with bad jokes.

Mad? Hardly. Sad? a bit.

Adios bro.

• @CheerGirl38139 You're so mad. You really should get laid.

• When will the US ban guns lol?

• Probably never, but that has nothing to do with this question.

• Yes, possibly pudding. It can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

• None of my guns have killed anyone. Are they defective? Guns don't kill people. People kill people!

• What a dumb way for me to push gun agenda

Grow up

What Guys Said 18

• You know what's funny about this question? While I understand that you're a gun nut and just trying to be sarcastic, as a conservative American who probably also gets a hard-on for cars, it will surprise you to hear that I would actually support such an idea.
    Granted, I wouldn't ban all cars. Fire trucks and ambulances and police cars should still be allowed to drive around. And I also don't mind cars driving on highways. However, I do support car-free cities and towns 100%. I'm sick of people driving cars into crowds of people but I'm also sick of lazy people driving to work or shopping and fucking upon the planet. Personally, I don't have a driver's license and I do 90% of my mobility by bike (rest is by public transportation). I go shopping by bike, I go to the train station by bike, I go to the movies by bike, I go to my friends' places by bike etc.. The world would be better if more people lived this way and dodged their stupid cars.

• When parking gets expensive enough, and congestion gets bad enough (e. g., NYC), this pretty much accomplishes itself. There's no need to legislate it.

I mean... You *do* realize that, if you did something like this, the very first thing that would happen would be that delivery companies would start extorting the shit out of everyone in the city for "hauling" anything weighing more than 40 or 50 pounds. You know that, right?

• As to your supermarket pitch, you sound like a ineffective sales representative. If people want to shop at supermarkets that is fine, but it is also fine if they want to raise their own livestock on their own land or leased land. It is also fine to fish or hunt for meat so long as they are licensed within the state they are hunting and abide by the rules and hunting seasons.

As to you're deluded view of killing poor animals in the wild, well your farms and supermarkets that you feel people should depend on have fractured habitat all over the country. This has lead to reduced ranges for top predators and has thrown the natural balance off in many ecosystems. This means that you end up with an overpopulation of certain animals, which can lead to destruction of support species, disease outbreaks, huge swings in population and genetic diversity. This instability can eventually lead to ecosystem collapse and extinction of certain species if allowed to it's course. If humans didn't impact

• the land so drastically then our ecosystems would be more balanced. But the fact is that we have, and as a band aid hunting certain amounts of game within a population helps to simulate the role of top predators in an ecosystem. Hunting actually helps to stabilize the problem created by the farms and wal-marts that serve up your dinner for you.

• If you saw what happens in Brazil you'd change your mind. Traffic here is a slaughter house. More people die here because of car accidents than the victims of Middle Eastern war (statistically speaking).

A guy I know, for example, died in an accident just a week ago. Every day we hear news of crashes everywhere and many of them die. It's really an adventure to drive on our roads, it can de deadly.

• All the more reason for car control.

• Is this satire to make gun control look bad? I like it.

• ?

I've seen many things on GAG

but this one is a first

• Join the fight against car violence! It's new and refreshing...

• This is a troll thread designed to draw some parallel between cars and guns because obviously cars are designed to kill, have as little economic function as guns and you are just allowed to drive them without passing any sort of test, right?

• Making uncomfortable, unreliable, ugly cars is a major industry in France. If they tried to ban them they'd all go all strike.

What am I saying? If the sun came up in the morning, they'd all go on strike.

• I know, they are very patriotic about their cars.

• yeah i agree, we should also ban cancer, too many people die from it.

• Or they should at least ban trucks. Cars I can understand, but trucks? What do you need a truck for? It's insane.

• 🙃🙃🙃

• *Insert witty gun comment here*

• We should ban our minds too people destroy things when they think 😒

• Do you shoot mind lasers as well? I thought it was just me...

• 😯😯😯 my brother I finally met you

• Let's ban oxygen too, because terrorists use oxygen when they carry out their attacks.

• ok we get it, you're pro gun rights

• I see what you did there.

• I support you 100%... Start holding your breath right now in protest! You can make a difference man!

• 0|0
  • French lives matter!

• Let me guess, you're a gun nut and this is commentary on the gun debate? ugh... lame.

• No I'm pro car control. Why are you dodging the issue. Clearly mass killings with cars are on the rise. It was one thing when everyone wanted to own a steam powered tractor, but modern cars that can plow down hundreds of people traveling hundreds of miles per hour is outrageous!

• ok gun nut. try harder next time.

• You're the that keeps talking about guns in a car control question. That makes you the gun nut bud...

• well cars aren't weapons. Guns are weapons

• Cars are regulated.. It's checked if it's road worthy, have insurance, have to be safe as possible etc

Gun nuts on the other hand. Just a slight idea of regulating the use of it, they go insane.

• I was assaulted by a maniac with a car. How about you, what's your excuse?

• So I take it you have no excuse and are just ashamed of being born that way?