Are you afraid of death?

I've come very close to dying many times since I was 6 years old so I've accepted that my life can end at any moment and I'm not afraid of death anymore. I think each day I wake up is a gift so I always try to make the best of it by never complaining, and working as hard as I can to be happy, successful, and make a positive impact on as many people's lives as I can. Anyway, some people think my views on life and death are odd since I'm only 19 so I'm curious if most people are afraid of dying or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have Encountered 'Close to dying many times' in my own life, @NYkid27, and I always Thank God when I Miss it. It was not my own Time to Go.
    No, I am not afraid, I always Leave this in God's hands. I love Him, I Believe in Him, and I know that one day when it is 'My own Time,' I will be waiting in His own Line.
    I have seen Many Friends, Family, Go, all of my life, and with each One's sad Passing, it gets Easier to Accept Death as Part of life.
    Everyone should Live life to its Fullest, and just like another Terrorist Attack, this time that Happened out in Nice, Paris last Night... One never does Know.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• *Always thank God for the Moments you are alive, and thank God on my own end, that you can live to tell it and that you are still here, dear. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not, because I know where I'm going.

What Girls Said 5

• I was never afraid of dying, I could get reckless sometimes. Till I met my lover. He changed some of that. I know I mean the world to him and how many people he has already lost. I just can't die, it wouldn't just me who would die... so yeah I hope nothing happens cause I wanna spare him that pain

• Death is all around us. Death it's self no. How death picks how we die yes. The reason why is because I don't know how he is or how he works. I don't understand death/reaper and I have many questions about death himself.

• I'm only afraid of a painful death, but not death itself.

• Im not but then again, most people aren't until they get into the situation. So I probably would be if I was about to.

• I'm not afraid to die. This world hasn't been very kind to me overall.

What Guys Said 17

• I haven't come close to dying but I'm not of afraid of death.
    In my opinion, life is in a way over-rated by most people. Of course you should cherish and appreciate it but non-existence isn't that terrible either. Also, once I'm dead, I won't care about being dead because I won't be thinking about it. And now that I'm alive, there's no point in worrying because I can't get around death anyway.
    So I just don't care much about this whole life-death issue. It's nice to be alive but when I'm dead, I'll be fine too. My own death will be much, much harder for my loved ones than for myself.

• Wow this is the most honorable thread. That I have ever seen on gag. I am very sorry to read what has happened to you

• I am kind of afraid of it. The notion that I will ciese to exist is just terrifying tbh. Sometimes I wish there was an afterlife.

• no not at all, when i was younger it was because i was immortal (or at least i was in my head, was never disproved) and then when i became depressed i didn't want to live, and then as i got better that evened out to not particularly wanting to die either and i guess that kinda stuck, it'll be what it'll be, if i'm dead i'm not going to care am i?

also i'm atheist so i don't have any of that eternal afterlife bollocks to worry about.

• Not afraid at all. The way it happens scares me more than death itself.

• Death has fear of me!

• of dying myself? Not really
    But I'm afraid of losing loved ones

• No, not even a little bit.
    Every day I think about hastening the inevitable.

• im not afraid of death, im just afraid of the pain that death will bring

• Yes. I try not to think about it, but nothing scares me more than just not existing, not knowing anything. Lately I've also been a little afraid of going to sleep, because you're basically dead until you wake up again (irrational, I know).

• Nope, death is afraid of me.

• Nope...

• Dude dying scares the shit out of me

• not really, eating 10 hits of acid will really erase the meaning to anything.

• No I'm afraid of my family dying. I don't want that ever

• Sometimes I'm afraid that I won't be in the loop anymore, sometimes I feel comfort in knowing that there will come a time when all my pain and doubts will cease forever and I can rest.
    All I can do is use my time on this Earth the best I can.