Is it bad to reschedule on Dr's last minute?

I have an appointment with my gynecologist today and I'm having car troubles and won't be able to make it.

I made the appointment when I still lived nearby. I really like him and his bedside manner so I don't want to piss him off. I tried to cancel yesterday cuz my car will not make it that far and his office didn't answer.

Do Dr's ever "dump" patients for last minute cancellations? What is the usual policy? He doesn't mention on his site. If need be I can maybe get a ride.

Most Helpful Guy

• Doctors don't dump you for anything. If a doctor dumps you, he's a really weird guy. Essentially, a doctor doesn't care whether you come to your appointment or not because if you don't, he will charge you anyway. It's not like booking a table in a restaurant and if you don't show up, the restaurant makes less profit. The doctor simply wants his money and he gets it. Whether that requires his services or not is unimportant.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, they wouldn't "dump" you for that reason. Issues like those happen. You can't help them. You may need to pay a certain fee for canceling last minute, depending on your doctor's office's policies. They do that because that could've been another time slot given to a another patient, but they may not, especially considering the reason you need to cancel.

What Guys Said 12

• Just explain what happened to receptionist when you ring and they will be obliging. I cannot ever recall getting an earful for cancelling at last minute with an legitimate excuse in fact all thanked me for letting them know and rearranged the earliest available appointment suitable to me.

• Usually there's a fee for cancellations or changes without enough notice (24 hours in most cases) because you are taking away an appointment slot from someone else and they are unlikely to be able to fill it.

If you have a good relationship with the practice they might let you off but making a habit of it is not a good idea.

• I don't think he would drop you as a patient for that. Your car breaking down is a reasonable reason why you had an issue making the appointment. You can also tell his staff you tried to cancel the day before.

• Some charge a fee but they are understanding when people have to cancel for legit reasons

• Its a legit reason. He won't dump you. I could take ya 😛

• it's bad to reschedule anything last minute.

• i think this is a legit reason,, dont feel bad

• They understand.

• it's not bad

• he probably won't dump you, but they may still charge you for the appt.

• Have you gotten your pussy fucked a lot since your last appointment?

• Some places require a 24 hr cancellation notice otherwise you'll pay for the app. anyway. But they don't usually drop patients for it.

What Girls Said 4

• They prefer you to give plenty of notice so they can allocate the appointment to someone else, but they'd rather you cancelled at the last minute than not inform them at all that you aren't going to keep the appointment

Unforseen circumstances happen , so it's not always possible to keep appointments or arrangements

• If you can't make it, you can't make it, but most likely you will be charged a cancellation fee.

I know with my Dr if I cancelledwithin 24 hours of the appointment I would be charged $55.

• Doctors do not really dump their patients from cancellations you'll just have to reschedule for another appointment. If anything they'll be annoyed if they've been waiting on you.
    tell him your period came early or something

• I've never been dumped by a doctor but if you cancel last minute, be prepared to pay the bill.