If Time Travel WAS possible which of these things to you think would happen if you changed something in the past?

There are theories, games, shows, movies, books that offer ideas as to what would happen if you changed something in the past if you time traveled, but which do you think would happen?

• If you change the past it will change everything that happens today in ONE timeline
  • If you change the past you will create two separate timelines one where things happen the way they are suppose to and another where someone changed the past. Alternate Dimensions basically
  • Even if you changed something in the past the results will still be the same... time will correct itself. What happened meant to happen basically
  • I have a different theory

Most Helpful Girl

• I kinda wanna go to the past and ensure Anne Bolyen never misscarried the boy, so Elizabeth I was never born. I wanna see how that affected religion (england would almost certainly surrender back to catholosism eventually under the pressures of france and spain ) and it would destroy the series of events that happened after the golden age. I wonder who would become the dominant super power, and also how it would of affected the americas. I also wanna know w hat would happen if rome never fell. Like, I'd erase that shit fast but I'd wanna know. I'd wanna know what would happen if rome and egypt became allies instead of conquests. I'd want to spend a day with Socrates and soak up some wisdom and look at the astrology and engeneering progress of the ancient world. I'd also systematically destroy all religion.

What Girls Said 8

• I voted D because I think the repercussions depend on what you change. But most probably it would be A, just not all... but some things would/might change.

• I have no idea.

Let's find out. :D

• I voted A. Sometimes it takes just one moment to change your entire life. I wish I could go back in time, my life would be so much different now...

• Chose option 3 cause it's basically the closest to reality, you cannot change past or future... What was meant to be will be...

• second one

• Time Space paradoxes

• Don't know I need to Re-watch back to the future for know XD
    I have really no idea

• The thought of it scares me a bit...
    Have you watched Predestination?

What Guys Said 11

• I'd go with B, because of the whole paradoxes thing. When and if time travel is possible then the time traveler (s) become marooned. They become "exiles" in time.

That is because I really really think that there Truly is "NO FATE", nothing is absolutely predictable in the future and can absolutely be known for certain as things can and will always change.

• Nothing will happen.
    If the time is linear then whatever you changed was already in effect in the time you left from.

And I don't really believe in multiverse or multiple timelines.
    If we did believe in those, then still there would be no impact from you doing anything, because it would not alter the universe you left from.

• My theory is that the difference in energy between the two histories would have to be made up somehow. Maybe moving things contrary to history would be very hard like a temporal inertia.

• B seems to be the most likely outcome.

• Only B and C are the current going theories from what I know. A doesn't make sense since it contradicts C.

• Lets go with b so we can acknowledge quantum mechanics at its finest

• There are no "timelines".

• can you elaborate?

• If you went back in time and changed something, hypothetically, there's no actual future to return to. That's fiction. For instance if i "reversed" time two minutes and refused to answer this question no future change because it's null space since time travel is actually just space augmentation ( hence time/space ) therefore the question just doesn't get answered. You can't travel forward in "time" due to the null space by any increment greater than its current state and you can't travel back in time since point to point travel IS forward shifting.

True time travel would force loops since the traveler, of truly reverted in time, has to eventually retrace the loop. So it must all be forward moving space augmentation that simply changes the plotted point in the x- dimension.

• I'd rather just visit the future actually and bring things back cough winning lotto numbers cough cough.
    Things to make the world a better place obviously?

• I would have enjoyed it more.