Do you feel like you have people to depend on? Like there's a safety cushion to catch you if you fail and/or fall?

• not at all.. it is me against the world
  • no.
  • a little bit
  • somewhat
  • considerably
  • very. I have a continuous feeling of safety that I will be caught if I fall
Anyone?
I do think that women generally have more of a safety cushion to catch them if they fall. There are many shelters for women but not many for men, for example

Most Helpful Guy

• Tht would be my immediate family.

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing I've done since I was a teenager -- my father got me started doing it -- is try to follow the "Send a thank-you to one person every day" rule.
    Sometimes this might just be a friend who did me a favor the week or day before; other times, it might be someone I haven't spoken to in 10, 20, even 25 years, but whose influence I recognize in my life and am thankful for.

When I have the time, I try to write these out by hand. Because I think they're more special that way. (And I even do corny shit like putting a wax seal on the back of the envelope... and, if we're being totally honest here, I *love* my own handwriting hahah)

These are usually appreciated, so, I guess I'm doing something right.
    Tbh, these little gestures garner a HUGE amount of positive energy in my life -- and in return for such little effort, too (between 2 and 10 minutes a day, generally speaking).

If you don't do this already -- the "thank one person/day" thing -- then, you should start doing it.
    I mean... I'm good at networking, but, honestly, just doing this one thing -- and starting to think in the way you learn to think, when you get into the habit of acknowledging gratitude on a daily basis -- is probably, oh, like, 75 percent of "being good at networking". It's SO EASY to do -- and it's so fulfilling, too.

Definitely keeps me humble, too. If I'm ever getting too full of myself, I can just sit down and think about the fact that I've written thank-you's to literally over a thousand people just in the last few years. That's over 1000 people without whom I'd be missing (or missing out on) *something*.

As far as this relates directly to yr question --
    If everything just totally fell apart tomorrow... Right off the top of my head, I can name AT LEAST twelve different families who would be perfectly willing to take my family (me + my husband + 3 kids) in -- for as long as necessary -- and feed, clothe, and take care of us until we got back on our feet again.

That's 12 different families I KNOW would welcome us into their homes, at any time, for whatever reason. Including 1 family who lived with *us* for about 3 months when *they* were going through hard times.

So... yeah, we'd be fine. Because our friends would take care of us (and my family, too).
    For smaller failures... even more people would have our backs.

That's just how it goes, when you've spent a whole
    lifetime expressing gratitude.
    "What goes around comes around" is TOTALLY a thing... and not just for revenge.

What Guys Said 10

• Not really because my parents are separated and i live with my dad and he is a recovering leukemia patient, and my mom is halfway across the country. It bothers me a little but thats where you confidence and coping skill have to come in. When you know than you can do whatever it is that you set your mind to, Your not thinking about what if i fail. You know what i mean?

• My parents and grandparents will always be there for me. I don't know how to thank them for their help.

• It's me against the world because I'm the only one who can afford a fight

It pays off being a programmer, after all.

• I have one person... well two now but one that i can genuinely know that she is going to be there no matter what. What about you @asker?

• Yeah, and I'm surprised sometimes

• Nope
    No one will 😶
    It sucks but it's true
    Anyways
    Wbu?

• No. No.

• i have very good parents

• no, its all down to me and only me

• Yes 😊

What Girls Said 9

• That's a resounding YES! My culture makes blood ties so important that even if all my immediate family members passed away, I'd have other relatives who'd take care of me, if I were in need. Even if they passed, I can rely on other people of my clan. Although tribalism caused the downfall of Somalia, our clan system is also a saving grace.

• I look to my mom when I feel unsteady about something, so, yes, there are times when I need that safety net.

• Well I have my sister, but soon she will be independent and move on with her life.
    So, once she leaves me, I will be alone. So I won't have anyone to depend on.

• Vote E.

I have people WAITING and WISHING for this moment because I always handle
    everything myself.

• I think I only have one person like that in my life. Nobody else would be bothered to be there to catch me, it's very likely they'd be the ones pushing me and making me fall.

• No i do not.

• My mama is the only person I got in this world. I love her and she's so strong.

• No I've got no one to depend on

• Well yeah, my parents anyway.