Guys, is not having a big butt a deal breaker?

I've noticed lately that the body type that seems to be "in" right now and that men seem to love is the exact opposite of mine. From how I hear men talk, it sounds like they prefer the more pear-shaped women with big butts and thighs and the tiny waists. I have DD boobs and an average waist (in my opinion), but that is about it. I don't have *no* ass, but it's not big by any means. I have average sized hips and thighs that are toned, but not big at all.
I am self conscious about my body because I hear guys say stuff about how they won't date a woman who doesn't have a big butt and about how women who have smaller butts are not womanly or feminine. I've also heard that men don't really care that much about boobs anymore (although girls have told me that more than anything), and so there went the one thing I thought I had going for me.
I'm wondering, is the whole hype about big butts being a big deal just a stereotype, or is having a smaller one really a deal breaker like people make it out to be?

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as I can tell, it's only a trend in the US at the moment. I wouldn't bother about it if I was you. There are lots of guys who don't care about big butts or even dislike them. Personally, I've never liked a big butt on a girl. I don't understand why some men like it. In my opinion, it makes women's proportions look all messed up. I like small, tight butts. That's why I'm particularly into Asian girls (though not exclusively). I like girls who are petite, skinny, have average boobs and small, firm butt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you said thats what's in right now perhaps but doesn't mean that guys expect that every chick walking around is going to have a big ass. Some of us can't have a large ass no matter if we tried without not being fit, its just the way we're built. Who knows few years down people might start to shame again, who know just go after your goals not what others think they are, its not their body.

What Guys Said 4

• No. And that's obvious otherwise, courtesy of evolution, there wouldn't be any woman with small butts.

• I never thought about that. Good point!

• You need to have a balanced body, not "too big" and stuff.

• I have thought about getting a breast reduction for this reason. I can't really make my butt any bigger, because I don't gain weight there and I am already pretty fit and it still isn't big.

• That's good to know. It seems like boobs are kind of "out" right now and not many people like them anymore. I also don't want to be super disproportionate.

• There's someone for everything :P

• Well if those guys don't want you, I'll take you off the market. Double D's you say? 😍

• I personally prefer people with your body type anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• Plenty of guys prefer big boobs over an ass, so don't worry about it.

• Your body type sounds like mine but I'm smaller.