Babysitting for the weekend and they have a cat?

So this cat seems pretty friendly and whenever I go into the kitchen she rubs herself on my legs, however I guess I just feel uncomfortable with her in the house. I know i'm in her home but she just jumped on the couch next to me, i'm 100% a dog person and only ever had dogs and they're totally different from each other. I just feel super anxious when she's around me.. How do I know she isn't going to jump on me when i'm sleeping or turn mean or something? (the owners say she pretty much ignores people but that didn't seem the case).

Most Helpful Guy

• Just give her a little attention, that is all they need.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ignore her and close the door at night while you sleep...

• Im sleeping on the couch :(

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Ignore her and go about your business. Is there a room you can keep her in while you're sleeping at least?

• She's a cat.. not a tiger. All she's done is rub herself on your legs so she must like you , especially if she mostly ignores people. Don't worry she's not going to attack you out of no where , you'll be fine :) you seem uneasy because you probably don't have much experience with cats , you'll get used to her by tomorrow

• Ignore her if you see she wants to be left alone and pet her if she rubs on you. She's just looking for attention. Also if you see her walking with her tail up she is symbolizing that she is happy.

• Yes she's been walking with her tail up! I guess she jumped beside me and I just don't want her hair on my clothes or blanket LOL. I told her to get down she listened so I think I'm okay for now. I realize this sounds silly but I just am not use to them and had a bad experience when I was younger.

• omg chill its a cat lmfao
    let it smell you and get used to you and it will leave you alone.

• She won't hurt you.