What do you think of people who call others "immature" and "stupid" on this site?

Whenever someone disagrees with a personal opinion I make, they are quick to call me one or both of these terms. I don't even insult them back. I just stick to my opinion and even use outside information to support my ideas. That still doesn't stop users on here from calling me these names or worse, without any justification. Do you do this? If so, why? Does it makes you feel more "mature" or "intelligent" to call people names like these?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to understand, and it seems you do, that not everyone here is above the 'Knuckle Dragger' level!!
    Sometimes some small-minded idiots post something really stupid, making them look like ignorant fools!!
    Don't get down, with those idiot's posts!! They can't help but be jealous, and snap back, with some ignorant nonsense, proving how stupid they are, with the misspellings and punctuation errors and bad grammar!!
    I think that we should be able to discuss, and share opinions, here, without someone calling names, and being totally disrespectful!!
    Don't respond, and just ignore them, or report them as being abusive!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont do it but I've been called names before on here. I dont insult them AT ALL. A girl once said I'm f***Ing stupid for no reason. I only told her how could she hate a whole race if she never met any person there? And I wasn't being rude at all -_- oh but what can we say... Actions speak louder than words ever will. That girl was racist. And she insulted me back first. So, I'm clearly not the stupid one there... Same goes for you. Just shrug it off and be you! As long as you stick to your beliefs and you aren't rude 😊

What Guys Said 12

• No name calling is never a defendable tactic in a debate. You support your point of view and try to find fault (politely) in the opposing point of view.

• It depends. Sometimes it's justify to call out other people's shit because sometimes the other person truly is immature or said something stupid/offensive (racist, sexist, and etc.) statement. However, I seen bigot people on this site abuse those words to insult people they disagree with. Ironically, they're actually the immature ones and you shouldn't worry about those people. :)

• A lot of people on here are actually inherently stupid. It's just a lot of people calling people stupid are stupid, themselves so the opinion is null

• Asker why are you so immature? i mean seriously who hurt you and have you considered seeing a therapist?

• I read both their comments and judge from there.
    I saw a 30 year old call an 18 year old a child because their opinion was different. And the longer they were arguing the more the 30 year old appeared as the real child

• I've seen that happen so many times! I just got called "immature" for expressing my attraction to a specific group of guys.

• xD I'm curious about the answer you gave

• That they themselves are immature and stupid lol

• I hate those kind of people. I think they are stupid and immature to do so.

• It's just human nature

• They're usually immature and stupid themselves.

• The online community, no matter where you look, is harsh. State what you think in a clear, consise, and direct way. Try to be considerate, and if it's getting too heavy throw a joke in there. Usually prevents the majority of the nay-Sayers from being asses, the rest you just gotta ignore

• Unfortunately not everyone can respect our thoughts, it's great that you can share them and react in an elevated way... you go girl!! as for maturity and intelligence sounds like you've got it!! :)

• It's pretty harsh.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't use those kinda terms and I think it's a sign of immaturity. I always picture a kid saying things like that for opinions they don't agree with :)

• Sometimes, the person may be acting immature honestly, but that's not always the case. Other times, users just need a comeback or insult and choose one of those things that they think is fitting, even if it's not actually true.

• They're so Beta

• It just shows a level of immaturity and a hole in their logic.

• who cares if they call you that? It's the internet ok people will always be assholes on here, toughen up.

• I try not to insult people, I just keep it all in and save it for myself

• I don't think anything of them lol