Have you noticed this very creepy Google search feature lately?

this just happened to me, and it's not the first time:

when you type the first question such as "how much ram can i add" and the first few answers isn't quite what you are looking for, so you change the question, and in your head you are thinking "maximum ram"

and as you type "max.." in the search bar, the suggestion "maximum ram" is already there!

IS THAT CREEPY OR WHAT?

Google is reacting LIVE about what you are searching and can predict what you are searching and basically, knows what you want to ask before YOU know what you want to ask.

Google is getting CREEPY AF...

Most Helpful Girl

• I have not noticed it but if thats what you noticed then google just learns and adapts based on your recent searches and gives you quicker access options. It still does not know whats on your mind ^^

• Basically the algorithm is going smarter thanks to machine learning and AI

• Personal search history + worldwide searches including that/those word/words.

• @sunset1984 yea arranged into search trees which even saves the sequence in which the words were searched.

Most Helpful Guy

• Google's location history is way creepier. Go here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/

Anyway, for same reason I use DuckDuckGo for most of searches.

• thanks for the link, I just deactivated location history

• Google can get your real IP even if you are browsing the Internet on TOR, lol...

• @sunset1984 True that. Only thing to stay untraced on internet is to stop using internet.

What Girls Said 1

• damn

yeah google are on like absolute next level data collection and artificial intelligence right now. It's pretty terrifying how much they can know and do

What Guys Said 7

• That's why I kicked Google out years ago. Stick with Duckduckgo! It doesn't track you like Google. Google is way too powerful if you really know how to use it. I have a book on my shelves called "Google Hacking". It goes into the depths of using Google to find what you really want.

That's the reason I don't use it for general searches. It's what is known as data harvesting. Google and Facebook know more about you than you do!

• I used duckduckgo for a while but I feel like its not a great search engine, once I googled a websites name and the website only came up 4 pages later I switched. I like startpage, which doesn't track you or collect info and is in my opinion a p. powerful search engine. It also does things like let you know if the website yr about to click on will track you etc.

• @Laura_Marx I agree with you. I also only ever use Google and any other search engine through a VPN. Just helps to stay a little bit more anonymous

• @Laura_Marx

Unfortunately, all of the competition sucks :D

• You have just searched about Ram, so it follows up with a related search.
    No magic there.

What is WAY creepier, is that whenever I see something interesting on the net and then go google about it, it almost always comes up first, as if google knew the content of the page I just left from.
    Which is creepy and hopefully just a coincidence, I don't want google to stalk my browser session history.

• Indeed , Google gets 'smarter'

• It estimates based on statistical data based on popular questions other people have asked previously. I think it's normal.

• how is that creepy? it has very clever software engineers behind it, that strives to know what you´re looking for. so your incident isn´t "creepy", it´s a sign of successful engineering.

• That's not new at all, you can switch it off or on your in your browser search options (and maybe in Google's search options as well).

• no its not creepy