Why do I wake up right before my alarm goes off?

I yesterday it went off literally seconds from when woke up

0|0
6|12

Most Helpful Girl

• Your body clock is trained/getting used to waking up around that time if you've had your alarm set for that specific time for a while.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Same thing happens to me. Your body is trained to wake you up at that time.

1|1
    0|0
    • Oh by the way, that douche who asked if americans can cook then blocked you wanted me to tell you that he reported you for 'being a fascist' now I may disagree very strongly but fascist you are not

• He and I have a bit of a history. Thanks for the message.

What Girls Said 5

• if you've been waking up around that time everyday, then ur sleep clock might be adjusting to the alarm time. quite normal.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do this too. I never hear my alarm go off, I always wake up early. I sometimes want to see if I can do it without actually setting an alarm.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your brain got used to waking up at this time so it sent signals to your hypothalamus gland, triggering it to release hormones that help you wake up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your brain is subconsciously telling you to wake up. I do that for big events.

1|1
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 11

• Murphy's law

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know but I do that as well about a minute before my clock radio comes on

0|1
    0|0
  • The same way your pet always knows when it's feeding time even though it can't read a clock... Your internal (biological) clock has gotten used to the routine.

0|1
    0|0
  • You have an internal biological clock of course. This is how people woke up for millennium before alarm clocks. Time to go hunt, time to work etc.

0|2
    0|0
  • I always do this too... or like seconds before the phone/doorbell rings. It's freakily bizzare.

0|1
    0|0
  • The circadean rhythm attempts to align itself to when you generally wake up, I think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Body clock.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually do it on purpose because I hate hearing my alarm.

0|1
    0|0
  • Conditioning.

0|1
    0|0
  • That happened to me too!

0|1
    0|0
  • Happens to me too !!! I wake up and am like.. why hasn't the alarm gotten off yet? And then *tanananaananana*

0|0
    0|0