Are female voices less annoying than male ones?

Do you think female voices are less annoying than female ones due to their (usual) sound?

• Yes
    12% (4)13% (4)12% (8)Vote
  • No
    74% (25)61% (19)68% (44)Vote
  • Other
    14% (5)26% (8)20% (13)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
15|20

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the person/ voice. only thing i find annoying is when women try to make their voice sound high pitched or cute or innocent. in gym i dont like it when they try to sound /manly' or douchy whatever that sound means to him. i just dont like fake voices i guess.

but as for actual real voice. i dont think its one sex vs the other. there are so many factors. sex sent enough to determine a voice. just depends.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally I like female voices more.
    Some male voices are really nice.
    Almost all of male voices are at least 'Ok'.
    But some female voices can be ultra annoying.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• no it's quite the opposite, especially when some girls laugh.

3|0
    0|0
  • There are annoying voices in both genders. The most annoying voices to me are whiny, nasally, or really soft spoken. For some reason, when people, especially women, try to talk really soft spoken or seductively, it's just really annoying and I don't know why. I hate it when I have to ask people to repeat themselves several times because they are mumbling or speaking super soft.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Annoying voiced are not specific to either gender.

2|0
    0|0
  • Any voices that are a certain high pitch tend to be the annoying ones. So any higher pitch for males or females can be really annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I've actually heard more annoying girl voices if anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Super high squeaky ones are annoying or the valley girl type. I have a nice voice, not at all annoying and most girls I talk to also have nice voices.

2|0
    0|0
  • For me those high-pitched voices of girls are too annoying, deep voice of man, It is like a beautiful melody for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say that everyone is equally annoying on average.

2|0
    0|0
  • No I'd say they're more annoying. Even babies and animals prefer male voices.

0|0
    0|0
  • O god no a guys voice is way more pleasant

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people's voices are just annoying, there's really no gender to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of the most annoying voices I have ever heard were girls' voices.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate how certain people sound, no matter the gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's the opposite

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Some female voices annoy the hell out of me, some male voices annoy the hell out of me.

And some female voices are really soothing and seductive, and some male voices command my attention. So it's hard to say.

As a completely random insert, I always found Sigourney Weaver's voice so seductive in Alien. I was never a huge fan of her looks, but I could listen to her voice all day long.

0|0
    0|0
    • she has nice long legs but her face is kinda square.

• hmm, i thought her voice was kind of rough ill have to go re watch aliens. actually, I have to anyhow for a film class. thanks for the reminder :)

• I've heard more annoying female voices than male ones.

4|2
    1|0
  • The most annoying voices are female... but the most pleasant ones are female too.

Those girls with super high pitch voices tend to be pretty annoying, but then there's those girls with soft voices that you want to listen for the whole day.

I voted other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't find the sound of a human voice annoying. I do find some women have a very pleasant sound to their voice... Until they get bitchy... lol

1|0
    0|1
  • No, there is nothing worse than a group of girls screeching to be heard over one another.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a sexist comment , but it is mainly women that always have a mobile phone glued to their ears , which they yap into loudly , can hear this even with headphones on , mostly inane & pointless conversations. To be fair some men do the same , but not quite as loudly & shorter conversations , men have been proven to talk a lot less than women , women are naturally more social than men.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are the same when are not yapping. when they yapp i just turn my brain off. when a man argues i listen and think he might have something intelligent to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Studies of audience reactions shows that both males and females prefer the sound of male presenters and narrators.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only when the guy has been successfully emasculated and sounds like his balls are in a vice. A la this guy... he sounds like funny Winnie the Pooh;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Qo2thTMaA

0|0
    1|0
  • Some are super annoying, like Gilbert Godfrey.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ugh, I hate to admit this but I think it's way more likely a woman's voice would be annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • No some can be really annoying!

0|2
    0|0
  • Higher pitches seem to be the irritating ones

Make of that what you will

0|0
    0|0
  • Most female voices are annoying as fuck. It's especially annoying when they laugh.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think male voices are much nicer in general. Less annoying to listen to.

0|0
    1|0
    • Although female voices are used in navigation system because they are considered being perceived as more calm.

• My navigation system has male voice, and it's very calm.

• No, female voices are more annoying. That's why most people only listen to (or at least prefer) songs with male singers

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether or not a voice is annoying has nothing to do with their gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably the opposite on average. The high and annoying ones are typically girls. Not saying there are no men with those but if we just made an honest comparison across the board there are more women with annoying voices than men.

0|1
    0|0