Turkish military coup fails to rattle Erdogan’s regime, what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Awesome.
    I am so glad the people are okay

• wut? a lot of people died last night

• How can you comment so confidently in something you know little about? 2000 judges have been fired, 6000 citizens have been arrested, the death penalty likely is going back into fruition. The people are going to suffer at the hands of an insufferable dictator. When secularism needs to prevail in that unstable region, we're going to see more religious law take effect.

• @hawkeye92 because I have friends who actually live in there and they know what is best for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• The Turkish military is the only real, last bastion of Atatürk's great heritage. Throughout Turkey's history, they have attempted several coup d'états and succeeded in some of them, in order to restore democracy and, most importantly, the secular-laical constitution which ensures the separation between state and religion.
    As a supporter of democracy and secularism, I am very disappointed the military didn't succeed in its putsch. This means that Erdogan can continue being the authoritarian, religiously fanatic, self-absorbed asshole-dictator that he wants to be. I don't see how that's a good thing for the Turkish people.

What Girls Said 5

• I have no context for this situation like at all. I need to read more about it

Why was there conflict between the military/security forces and the regime in the first place?

• Erdogan wanted to make changes to the military structure and there were people opposed to it.
      The military also claimed to be "bringing back democracy and secularism".

• This is World War 3

• I have no opinion about this so I can't really say anything about this.

• I'm Turkish. coup failed

• Dont know anything about this.

What Guys Said 14

• The military are loyal to the constitution, a constitution that Erdogan wants to change.
    They also want to keep their country secular, something Erdogan doesn't seem to be doing as he's including Islam into his politics.
    Erdogan also doesn't seem to dislike ISIS so much, even though he's in the coalition to fight them, it seems like he actually does support ISIS, as almost everyone that has joined ISIS from somewhere else, has entered Syria through Turkey, and weapons have entered from there too, you would think someone that is against ISIS would put more efforts into stopping that.

I don't know if a military coup was a good idea, but I believe Erdogan is doing more bad than good for the country.

(I'm not Turkish and I'm not 100% informed about everything, my opinion is based in all I've read and heard, if anyone thinks I'm mistaken, please, correct me.)

• Fuck the coupers even, if they are secularists. You can't bring democracy by defeating governments chosen by it. I'm Ukrainian. You are probably a pink, soft assed European having no idea about coupers.

• @BlueCoyote Western is still fucked up imperialists. Remember Rwandan genocide and attitude of France. You are a dying breed. Your women are infertile and non-feminine, feminazis. I hope Middle Easterns and Africans will dominate your countries by the time in the future.
      Don't be sorry, I'm not nationalistic, my love is not only for Ukraine. I love all Slavic people from Zagreb to Vladivostok. It makes me pan-Slavist. I'm not your typical red neck I have double major about anthropology and history.
      You are crazy. Do you think when you are minority in Western Europe, you will be able to live? Your multi cultural society will be worse. Just look at rape rates on Sweden. Immigrants will rape your women, just because of you are pink pussy liberals and not aware of cultural bonds making people more idealistic.

• @Achilles07 Yeah right. Except that rape rates in Sweden are still about 5000 times lower than in the Ukraine and Russia with all these racists and sexist macho barbarians like yourself who think like medieval peasants.

• it rattled them a whole lot. dude is off his rocker right now threatening war with the united states. dude just went full jihad where before he was just inching that way. never go full jihad.

• if he keeps talking shit the united states will just remove him from power. won't take long.

• the only thing turkey did was demonstrate that they are an enemy of the west and are becoming more like the rest of the middle east.

• The number of judges jailed is a BAD SIGN.

• I know nothing about Turkey or its politics, so I have no opinion.

• I guess this shows that even though Erdogan is a shitty leader he is still popular amongst the Turks.
    This failed coup is a demonstration of the power of the people.

• i wonder how such a coup is organized? like some guys say, lets fuck up erdogans regime lol that would be nice. oh no, we failed now they are going to try us for high treason.

• Hooray

• I'm from Ukraine. I hate militarist sons of bitches. I experienced how those meatheads can destroy cities.

• Слава Украине

• @BlueCoyote I don't care about Armenian Genocide nor Erdogan. It is about having respect to people's ideas and democracy.
      I guess you are an European or American never experienced civil wars and coup. You are too soft to speak about militarist rebellions.

• I have never experienced a militarist coup but contrary to you, I understand something about global politics. If you want somebody who respects democracy, don't support Erdogan BECAUSE HE DOENS'T. I don't know how much clearer I can get here. The Turkish military is the only one left that actually cares about democracy.

• I was rooting for them, tbh. Fuck Erdoğan and his dictatorial Islamist regime.

• It was all erdogans scenario

• I have a Turkish friend who is saying this, that its a false flag to give Erdogan more power etc

• @Laura_Marx yeah exactly , he wants more power and more power and more power until they start invading countries

• I kinda buy it honestly. Now he can restructure the military with no reprecussions, hand-pick generals that share his ideology, etc.

• I kinda believe they were doing good for the country.

• Firstly i thought same, but not.

• Turkey people is loyal to ardogan and love him thats why they couldnt drop him

• I guess that's good

• Don't live anywhere near Turkey and couldn't care less