Are you your true self on the internet? Should you be?

I am not. I'm unsure if I should be.

• I am. I should be.
  • I am. I shouldn't be.
  • I am not. I should be.
  • I am not. I shouldn't be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same here and irl

Most Helpful Guy

• I let out my inner grump on this site and this site alone. Everywhere else online I end every sentence with an emote and I'm incredibly pleasant.

What Girls Said 15

• what better place to b super hella honest. nobody actually knows who u r. lol. i think its safe.

• I'm myself online as much as I am offline. I don't see the need to change my personality.

• The Internet is actually the only place where I'm my true self.

• Where could you truly be your full self if not somewhere where people don't know you?
    Hahahaha

• I think the darkest side of me is seen on GAG. I think my family would be shocked if they see my GAG account :(

• I'm more true to myself here than I am irl.

• i see no reason to hide myself. i'm stubborn, ornery, have strong beliefs, and call people on their sh*t. that's me.

• you're such a weird guy, in a good way. But I am my true self online.

• Love me, hate me, I'm not going to pretend to be someone I'm not.

• Yeah. Just say things i wouldn't normally

• yeah ı am

• I am who I am everywhere.
    And I love being me

• I feel more myself on the internet sometimes than in real life. For example, I am amiable towards my bosses, but I can't stand them at all! Gotta keep making money though...

• I am but I don't think I should be. It's better to not let your identity fully known on the internet. It feels safer that way.

• I am. I should be.

What Guys Said 22

• It is best to be honest to a point.
    Things I do not let out online my birthday and date, phone numbers, home address, family members names and any personal information that I even slightly suspect can be used against me.

I worked for the Department of Information Technology for years involved in security and know how dangerous the Internet is. Cell phones are the same. If you knew what I do about cell phones you would toss yours off a tall bridge into a deep body of water.

• Well they are both me just different sides of me.

Im probably more open and unfiltered here, while in real life I recognize there are times you need to be more polite and things that just aren't worth saying.

• I said A but with a caveat - I believe we put forward the best real life version of yourself online like how I want to react instead of the way you do instinctively, we have that extra 30 seconds for that witty one liner.

• I am pretty much exactly the same in real life as I am on here the only difference it I don't talk as much in real life and am more of a listener then a talker, though I can hold a conversation.

• I'm my true self on the internet as I am in real life. Its just a matter of how inhibited I am in one versus the other. In real life I'm more tactful than I am on here because I gave away my last single fuck a long time ago.

• More than on the job

• I'm much less outgoing in real life. I'm more introverted, and keep my opinions to myself. Here I'm not afraid to express them.

Other than that, yes, I am the same person.

• I am my true self in here. That's the reason I come here, because in real life I wear the mask.

• it depends on what you see as your true self. am I like in real life? no, not at all. I'm much more open, less shy, threw off the shackles of my social anxiety for the most part. You could see this as my true self, or not. But if not then I choose D

• The Internet is a place of freedom of expression so I express my views here without fear of repercussions so long as I don't put my name on them.

• More unfiltered online.

• I am more my true self because my social awkwardness can't be seen as much lol

• Usually I am and try to be

• I'm just as much as a douchebag in real life yes

• I'm a smartass ass dick of a clown both on and offline.

• Stuff I say online, I say in real life, and stuff I say in real life, I say on here. I only know how to be one person. Lol. Sometimes I'll keep what I want to say to myself so I don't hurt feelings, but I won't ever be fake.

• 1000%... hey what you see is what you get IRL. Not into pretending.

• I'm the same, besides not doling out identifying information, obviously.

• I'm the same in real life and I shouldn't be lol

• I am usually a little bit more of an asshole on the internet, then I am in real life.

• I think more so

• Nope. I'm trolling most of the time so.