Has a name been ruined for you?

Is there a person from your past that's hurt you in any way, or done something so horrible that every time you hear that (their) name in any context, it gives you negative feelings?
Two names that have been "ruined" for me are Jacob (or Jake) and George.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. There's one girl's name that has been ruined for me. She used to bully me pretty badly when I was a kid, she was all about manipulating people and freezing others out, yet everyone adored her despite knowing that she talked a lot of shit behind everyone's backs. I even ran home from school once because she successfully managed to get all of my friends to stand in a half-circle around me while mocking me.
    Another girl bullied me too, but her name is so common that I can't really be affected by it, you know. Since I know a lot of other girls with that name and they're nice. But I'm not naming my hypothetical daughter that, anytime soon.

• Oh, and there's also a guy's name. He was a douchewad.

What Guys Said 15

• Ok yeah, the name of my first ex! She was a NASTY female who cheated on me with a 60 year old rich asshole (she was 20 then).

• Veronica.

That's my sisters name. I just can't date any girl named Veronica lol. Kinda sucks, because I've met a few that were hot, who didn't understand why I didn't like them back in the same way. It's just a mental thing for me. Can't imagine calling out her name in bed. Would immediately kill my boner. I don't want to think about my mom or my sister in the bedroom.

• Certain letters have been. I noticed a pattern of C's and K's in the women I've dated so I don't date girls with names that start with those letters.

• Hannah has been ruined for me.

• Brittany

My exfiance who slid back into pills and cheated on me with 6 guys only after we got engaged.

• Kieran. Every guy I meet called Kieran seems to be a twat :/

• My exes entire name.

• Madison
    Three
    Fucking
    Times
    Hahaha

• Cindy and Michael.

• Samar

• Nope!
    Not yet anyway... :O

• Naomi because she's the one who hot away. Now every time I hear that name I think of her

• Stacey. I have a love/hate relationship with that name.

I consistently feel excited and dreadful at the sight or mention of it. even if it's a different person.

• My long distance exe's name was Makaela. She cheated on me, broke up with me out of guilt, I begged for her back, and she broke up with me later because she couldn't take the distance anymore.

It was a really bad experience, but it still hasn't ruined the name for me. I've always liked the name, even before I dated her, and I still do after dating her.

• i hate natalie

What Girls Said 25

• Yes. It's now like nails on a chalkboard.
    I have a forgiving nature but now will never accept this person back into my life again. Let's just Say, and even to this Day, I feel the Pain with my Good name.
    "Helluvanerve" I will call Him/Her.
    Good luck and Great question, @LouisvilleGirl826 xx

• No thankfully, I just realize that people don't have any change over what their parents name them LOL (exceptions obviously).

• yeah Josh, Rose and Brittany

• Yup.
    Jennifer and Oliver. And Kasia but that's less common.

I have a lot of names that I associate with different personality traits. But those are my top 3 never gonna name my children names

• It used to be Josh, but I'm cool with it now.

• Gregory. Greg doesn't effect me. But when someone calls the whole name out it scrambles my brain for the next 5 minutes.

• Hmmm, I don't think so. Let's hope it stays that way.

• Rob and Rick

• Yes, everyone I've ever met named Kamilla was a bitch, so when I hear it I automatically don't like her.

• Yes, the name Colin. May he choke on his own spittle and make a fool of himself at his next board meeting.

• A certain Russian name of a hot guy who rejected me used to sound sexy to me but now when I hear it I feel gross.

• There's no such name in my life.

• Alex

The most frustrating thing is that girls and guys are challenged Alex so I have more of a chance of hearing that name.

• Joseph, Dennis, Luis, Salvatore, Olga, Susan...

• Patrick has been ruined for me.

• jeremy & elijah

• Philip, Sean, John, Dylan, Jessica, Chelsea, Kelsey, and Brandy

• Codey, brandy, grant, janston. Codey is the worst.

• Riya/Rhea, Aditi, Mehul
    These are named of my bullies who troubled me when I was in early teens

• Brandon

• Darren and Gabe are names that have been ruined for me. and Tony which ones my moms ex boyfriend. disgusting.

• Yes but was a very unusual weird name and I never met anyone with the same name hahaha

• The name John is forever ruined by a perverted cheater

• no i don't associate their names with their personalities

• Yes, she WAS a friend that I now get so sick just seeing her name. It used to make me feel so sad and upset but now I just hate it. Hate, hate, hate.