How do I change my personality?

Do you think it's possible? If yes, how, if not, understandable.

• It is not possible.
  • It is possible and here is how...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• it is possible to change elements of ur personality, not entirely, but to take them to a state where they are more manageable or refined, depending on what we're dealing with. for example, if I'm a stubborn person, and i know this, i need to make the effort to fix it. it's tough, but i have to learn to step aside and allow others to have a say in a situation.

so u can't change ur entire personality, but by taking baby steps and doing little things, u can improve on the areas u want.

• sure people can change if you want to. but it can be difficult.
    Depends on what it is.
    You have to identify what area you want to change.
    I used to be very very friendly to everyone. My positive outlook got me unwanted attention. I learned a life lesson. I am still friendly, but I draw the boundary when i notice it may get carry away.
    One of my GAG friend whose girlfriend told him he was too negative and broke up with him. there were prob. other issues in their relationship. When i sometimes talk to him, i can see where thats might be. He told me he is not planning to change that.

• self reflection and journaling. Probably would help to have a person to keep you in check. I am assuming you have noticed a flaw and are trying to fix it.

• You are who you are. However you can change the way people see you. If you are shy and reserved, talking more and opening up will not change your personality but it will make you be perceived differently.

• By changing your habits.
    Start working on one by one

• well what do you want to change?

What Guys Said 1