Do you know any British series?

I want to have British accent so ı need to watch some series.. Can u recommend some?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• I'm not exactly an expert on British TV but what I do love are BBC documentaries. There's no other channel in the world that makes such great documentaries, be it about history or astronomy or nature or psychology or society or whatever interests you (there's lots of them on youtube). Documentaries are also great for learning a British dialect because most of the BBC-documentaries are spoken in RP English, which is considered the formal or "standard" British English and usually functions as the representative dialect of all British varieties in North America (when Americans think of British English, they usually think of RP).
    Contrary to many American documentaries from channels such as the Discovery channel or the History channel, BBC-documentaries tend to be more scientifically accurate and definitely less action-based and less sensationalist, which I personally appreciate greatly.

If you're more into fiction, I can also recommend you the British version of Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch. Personally, I'm not so much into crime movies/series but from an objective point of view, the series is really well made. I think it also won some awards.

• Sherlock... its got quite a bit.. and its modern

• and its my shit... and I already have a British accent but you can't get it from watching a show... just a heads up... its actually better to do it the way i did... i got mine quick...

• Doctor who, Top Gear, anything BBC really

• For our accents TV tends to be rubbish.

Game of thrones is a good one. They try to keep the accents true to the areas (e. g. north is northern etc...) as it's based on the war of the roses. Other than that I'd suggest watching some of the BBC stuff (the last kingdom, poldark etc).

• Downton Abby
    Dr. Who
    Being Human (not the American one obviously)
    Misfits
    The Paradise

There are probably lots of others those are just what I know.

• Sherlock
    Peaky blinders

• Depends on the genere

BBC Merlin
    Doctor Who
    QI
    Mock the Week
    Fawlty Towers
    Primevil

To name just a few

• Dunno... Downton Abbey counts?

• i know fawlty towers but its a bit old though. monty python stuff is pretty cool too.

• Luther
    Sherlock
    Doctor Who
    River
    Marcella
    The Fall
    Happy Valley
    Misfits
    Top of the Lake

• Monkey Dust

• Doctor Who and Sherlock. I started talking in an English accent way more than I should have.

• The IT Crowd was a pretty cool show

• i liked peep show a lot.

• You won't get an accent from watching tv
    You would have to live in a region,
    Also there are different kinds of British accents

• yeah ı know ı can't learn it fully but its enough for me just to have an accent sounds like British

• The Night Manager. It's a bit like james bond, just better.

• lol u mirin my accent brah? and watching tv won't change ur accent and u will sound dumb trying to do one

• Misfits
    Downton Abbey
    Dr Who
    Fawlty Towers
    Hustle
    Dragon's Den

What Girls Said 4

• There are so many different accents, you won't be able to get a 'British' accent because it doesn't exist. Even if we just narrow it down to English, someone from Liverpool sounds different to someone from Birmingham, for example. If you want the stereotypical British accent, I guess you'll want to watch things like Downtown Abbey, Merlin, Sherlock, Being Human UK and Doctor Who.

• Sherlock, Dr. Who, Downton Abbey

• Skins

• Coupling
    Top Gear
    Chef!