Am I not a good fit for fast food?

I just started working in fast food and I despise it. My coworkers treat me like I am stupid because I am new when it's their training that sucks. Just yesterday a coworker taught me how to sweep. There is no communication. Apparently I am asking too much when they hand me an unfinished order with the ticket and I ask what I am supposed to do with this? Everyone shoves their methods of getting orders done down my throat, I am constantly being told five different ways to do one thing. And I especially don't need them watching me as I do a simple order. My only coworker who used to tell people off and tell them I was doing fine doesn't work there anymore and because I am new, I apparently don't know anything. When it got busy yesterday, they pushed me aside and told me to find something else to do. Because I am not fast enough, even though my supervisor completely disagrees. After two and a half hours of working yesterday, I was told to go home. The thing is I was told I should apply at a bookstore. Because I love that place and they are hiring soon. I just don't know how to quit a new job.

@akadatank44 I just got let go because I am going on a two week long trip to Europe and they can't find a replacement. Yes, thank you God.

What Guys Said 2

• Hun it's a minimum wage job. Most of them are like that. High turnover and highly idiotic people. Do the application at the bookstore.
    You wanna know how to quit? Decide if you want to be nice and give them a 2 week notice or not. If not just go in and say you quit and hand over your stuff or just tell them I'm not happy hear and found a new position somewhere else my last day will be...

• Just quit and work at a bookstore. Fast food service was the worst job I ever did.

What Girls Said 1

• It's a fast food place.. beginning job. They way you quit is say "i quit". If you wanna be nice about it, give them two weeks notice. Don't hesitate to go apply for that bookstore job. You can do fine at the fast food place if you give it a little time, those are not easy jobs and demand quite a bit from someone that hasn't worked much before so don't sweat it. You can do it if you choose to but the thing is you DONT HAVE TO.

• Don't worry about it. They let me go because I am taking a two week trip to Europe. I will apply at the bookstore because they are hiring after I return.

• Well good luck and now you know what it's like to work in a fast food joint. Keep that in mind in the future.