Have you ever noticed that short people, were usually born in the last months of each year and tall in the early months?

I remember in our class back in school, that the shortest kids were born in November or December. And the tallest were usually born in the first months like January or February as well.

Anybody else noticed that?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's true for me, I'm a February baby and 5'10".. But then my ex girlfriend is born in October and she's like 5'7"-5'8" so pretty tall as well and she's even Korean lol

• This is really tall for a Korean person.

• That's REALLY little indeed. I'm like 10 cm less than you and 52-53ish. Still I don't starve myself or anything.

• I'm that weight now, too haha

Most Helpful Guy

• my brother is a whole head taller than me and we were both born in the same month xD so there´s that.

What Girls Said 16

• For me it's different. The shorter kids were always the older ones, born in the first half of the year or one year earlier and the taller ones would be the younger ones, born in the second half of the year or one year later.
    Growing up, during prep school, I was one of the oldest people in my class, because I was born in January and I was always one of the shortest ones because I'm currently stuck at 5'3". It is still that way.
    I don't know, probably in the year 2000 a switch flipped or something...

• Woudldnt that make spring and summer babies average height?

I'm a summer baby and I'm 5'1" 🤔

I think you're wrong 😂

• Well, I was just judging by the school i used to be. Might be a coincidence.

• Mm. I don't know. I'm 5'1" born in August my boyfriend is 5'7" born in October :) I don't know many people's birthdays to get an idea.

• I haven't noticed it, but it would be true for me. I'm 5'0 and was born in November.

• Well my daughter is barely 5 feet tall and she was born in April. But... I am 5ft 2 and I was born in Dec.

• That's a strange observation.

• What a coincidence. I'm short and so is my mum and we were both in the last couple of months. I'm not ready to take this hypothesis on just those situations. Good idea though

• That's bull, my sis was born in January and she's 5'0, while I was born in October and I'm 5'3

• My boyfriend is 6'3" and he was born in November. His best friend is 6'5" and he was also born in November.

Your theory is defunct.

• whoa this is actually valid in my case

• My boyfriend who is 6'4" was born in December. I don't think this applies.

• Ha, interesting. And I would say its true for me too but I think its more coincidence lol

• I'm average height and born in January.

• It all balances out in a couple years.

• Well boyfriend is 6'2 and born in Jan.

• Nope

What Guys Said 4

• Do you really believe that all of the tall people are born in the first few months of the year?

• I'm short and I'm born in January :/
      I'm older than a number of my classmates yet I look younger than them

• @helloitsmethere It emphasizes the importance of the objective recording of data when trying to support or refute a hypothesis.

• bahahha I was born on new year's day LMAO

... but mb the asker was just in a school where the cutoff was dec 31? that way the older kids would be taller, which would make perfect sense.

• That's not true. I've always been one of the tallest, if not the tallest, in my classes, and I was born on the last week of November. The tallest girl in my HS class was born in December 20th.

• Nahhh, I'm above average height and I was born in November.

• i'm 6'4" and was born at the end of September.