Do you have a concealed carry permit / license?

Told my brother in law the other day that I wanna get mine, so he's going to take me shooting so I get comfortable with shooting a gun and know at
least the basics before I pony up and go for it.

I've only ever fired a BB gun before in my life so 😳 should be interesting, definitely excited to learn.

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly at some point, but I have not decided yet.

I think it is best that you get the proper knowledge and training on firearm handing and safety procedures, etc., and it is something that someone should considered if they want to prepare for the worse, such as when and if the shit hits the fan, and there's like so many of these disastrous and catastrophic scenarios.

Having the proper training AND knowledge and ownership of a weapon would then give you a peace of mind should something really really fucking bad happen and is beyond your control.

A weapon like a firearm is something I would think that you should have and not need instead of needing one and not having it. Prevents someone from breaking into your home and trying rob or hurt you, etc.

Depending on where you are, if you already Know that the current location you live in has a high or REALLY High crime rate and that it is consistently dangerous then it would be ideal to have a weapon to protect yourself since you can not solely rely on local law enforcement to protect you, your home, you family, your property, etc. Or, if you live in a location that would take a long time before the authorities can arrive there after responding to a 911 call emergency dispatch.

by the way, what type of firearm (s) are you going to be learning and training with? Pistols? Shotguns? Rifles, such as Hunting Rifles with scopes? Or something else?

• I'm pretty sure he's just going to train me with one of his pistols, we haven't yet discussed it in length.

• I figured it would be pistols since it's the only one you can actually even "conceal" in the first place.

Rifles and Shotguns are more bigger and clunkier and can't really be concealed. Er, maybe under a trench coat or something, but I think they're best left secured in the home or secured in the trunk of a vehicle instead of lugged around with you anyway, unless if you were going hunting or hunting wildlife for food or something.

Just keep it simple, small, portable, light weight and compact rather than something that is so obvious and standing out and sticking out.

You are only learning how to use it to protect yourself with a firearm should you absolutely need to, and if you didn't need to, then no one would ever know you were armed and prepared to deal with a really dangerous situation in the first place besides yourself as no one else ever need to know. The whole point of concealing it in the first place as far as I can tell.

Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• I do but I rarely carry. Shooting a handgun accurately takes a lot of practice but it's fun.

• Yeah I'm hoping having mr army man teaching me will give me a boost in my learning, at least a little.

• It definitely helps having someone who knows what they're doing to teach you.

What Guys Said 23

• In Europe a CC permit is only given to government officials like plainclothes cops.
    Some rare security companies who transport money can get open carry permits
    An other gun permit is only valid to carry a gun in a locked case to the range or the hunting grounds.

• Since hunting grounds are privately owned terrain, hunters can carry a licensed gun there at will.
      But I'm not a hunter.

• I don't need no steenking permit!

• Ask him to start you out on a 22. lets noise , and recoil. When your comfortable with it then go to something larger Also just remember a fue rules
    1 keep your finger off the trigger in till your ready to fire
    2 always know what is beyond the target so if you miss
    3 keep gun pointed down range
    Once you relax you will do fine. Also remember for a permit you will be firing short range , in my state it's 5,7, and10 yard so you should have no problem with it.

• No. That's not even legal for the police here. Only special units and undercover specialists could do it.

• Even if it were legal here I wouldn't.
    I shoot lots, love guns, but I've never felt the need to carry.

• do I have what? lol

• Yeah. I applied for mine on the day I turned 21. Best decision ever considering all the shit going on right now.

• I'm getting mine now

• Dude now we can go shooting, catch pokemon and chill. 😎

• Wish I did. Stupid "may carry" state won't allow me even though I'm a model citzen. Only have my FID card from when I was 16 and now I have to pay to keep it!

• I live in Kansas, we don't need a license to conceal carry. I only own an antique gun anyway ( but I do want to buy a gun that I can fire )

• Oh, you don't? 🤔

Learn something new every day.

• They just passed that a year or two ago. You can still get a permit if you want, but it's only necessary to have a permit for open carry

• no, i live in a no guns country.

• Yeah I do. Don't carry it everywhere i go though.

• Guns D=

No please.

• I don't since the police chief of Hawaii doesn't follow the constitution and won't issue any. However in Phoenix I wouldn't need one.

• In Florida you don't need a permit but you must keep it concealed and not take it onto any state or government property.

• Nope,
    Planning on getting one once I get to washington state

• Yep, definitely worth it. You don't need it until you need it, and then you're really glad you have it.

• Nah I don't

• Since I am not working for the government I can't get one. But I shot many weapons from the ones at the fairs and crossbows to full automatic aussault riffles with sniper mode.
    Never forget safety and that you handle a dangerous weapon. In front of me a crackpot accidentilly once emptied a 30 rounds automatic weapon in direction of a group of people. The only luck he and the others had was it was filled with training rounds instead of real rounds. (Training rounds are only dangerous at a distance below 10m).

• I'm planning on going to class. It's 8 hrs in 1 day. I'm trying to psych my self up to go.
    If it were 2 4 hr days I'd go tomorrow.

• Nope too expensive

• teawrecks with a gun, yikes

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, I do have a concealed carry permit. I got it when I turned 21.

• I've had a carry permit for over 15 years now. I've carried my whole life though. A girl has got to do what a girl has got to do in order to ensure her safety. I was brought up in a positive firearm environment and we would shoot quite often.

• I don't have one, but I've used guns plenty of times in my life before. I grew up with a father that likes to hunt, haha. I probably need more practice now, though, before ever attempting to get that permit.

• I do. Always carry.

• Only if you end up as good as people in Switzerland.
    world.time.com/.../

• Nah. The only carry on permit I need is to carry these puppies *grasp my boobs*

• It's illegal for me to own a gun.

• Yes. As a woman who works in the city, I feel safer to carry. It'll be a bit shocking at first (at the shooting range), but in the end it's an inanimate object that you control.

• Nope, I would never.

• I got mine last year with my now ex. I occasionally carry but not always and am now pretty adept at using handguns.

• Yes i do.