Your thoughts on the emerging GOP platform?

The GOP platform has basically been put together and will be tweaked and voted on at the convention. It includes 'that lawmakers use religion as a guide when legislating, stipulating “that man-made law must be consistent with God-given, natural rights" and 'encourages the teaching of the Bible in public schools because, the amendment said, a good understanding of its contents is “indispensable for the development of an educated citizenry.”' So religion is to rule our country.

Of course it vilifies all gay rights and call for constitutional amendments to undo court decisions. Obviously that includes a lot of "identity politics" but when it was suggested to include that the Islamic State specifically targets gays, a delegate stated that was "identity politics" and should not be allowed. Uhhh, their whole stand on gay rights is "identity politics". The amendment to include the suggested input on the targeting by the Islamic State was defeated (of course).

There was inclusion of "conversion therapy for gays" and stated "that “natural marriage” between a man and a woman is most likely to result in offspring who do not become drug-addicted or otherwise damaged." As if drug addicts are a new thing.

By the way, while the platform is so far right conservative BS, has no one noticed that the highly moral Trump has children by three different wives?

Many more things already blasting logic to hell, but it should get more interesting in the next few days.

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think the GOP understands why we need separation between church and the state. They can borrow my fifth grade history textbook if they want. Or they can just watch season six of game of thrones we all know how well that worked out.

1|1
    0|0
    • They are good at ignoring logic, so I doubt that they are interested in a history book

• True, history would prove them wrong and they would say that damn liberal propaganda.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not really buying into the insolent good-cop/bad-cop shell game they laughingly offer up as credible, two-party political system are ya? We the Sheeple...

0|0
    0|0
    • I said nothing about a two party system. I merely asked about what the GOP is offering up as a platform.

• Show All
    • Not sure how you mean that. But I might agree with your opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• oh screw them! a good chunk of america isn't even christian, and they certainly don't have any right to speak on gays or marriage when they are the biggest and most evil hypocrites imaginable. you can't change someone from being gay, and the bible will do nothing more than breed misogynist, racist morons in the literal sense of the words... not that crap that the left makes it out to be.

0|1
    0|0
    • So what would be your thoughts on how this platform will affect life in America if it passes and Trump wins?

• i'm not overly concerned about who becomes president. i'm concerned about just how extreme the left is going to make this out to be. next thing you know, these idiots will be killing people in the streets and calling it justice, besides the cops that have already been killed i mean.

What Guys Said 2

• The gop is great and it where it is at! You cannot be a liberal as liberals are disgusting, cheat the system, lie, steal and manipulate the media!

The gop is constantly ridiculed and is the side to be on as it looks to be inferior atm but this election the silent majority will rise back to power and strip the cold hearted liberals from the throne of the presidency once again!

1|0
    0|0
    • Maybe it looks (and sounds) to be inferior because it is.

• Show All
    • Glad that the opposition makes you laugh. Everyone is entitled to their freedom of speech in our country and obviously you have yours and I have mine. They may be conflicting but in the end that is why we have a voting system in place to help decide conflicts between to different opinions. We may never see eye to eye but when a vote will be made in November... A ruling will be made!

Ps. It will not be in Hillary's favor 😉

• "IF" it is not in Hillary's favor, then it will be a vote dooming America.

• Trump gone win

0|0
    0|0