How do I make friends?

Due to my social anxiety I have zero friends and I have had zero friends since the beginning of high school (i am going into 11th). I am going to a psychiatrist to help me with this and a few other problems. I have tried many different ways to get friends but nothing seems to work. I join clubs, I talk to people and i am always nice to everybody but everyone just seems to ignore me. I have been reduced to having to eat lunch in the corner because everybody has already formed cliques in 11th grade. If anybody could give me some ideas. Sports is not an option because i suck at sports

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try to make friends that are like you. Instead of talking to just anyone try taking a step back and observing your peers so you can get an idea of how they are personality wise. After that try talking to the people that you think would enjoy being around you. I hope I made sense🙏✨

Most Helpful Guy

• I was almost exactly what you describe, when I was your age!! Then, they didn't have therapists to help, and they just called us 'nerds' and the popular guys in the neighborhood used to try to beat up on me, walking home from school!!
    My mom said fighting was wrong, and so I had to try to figure out how to defend myself!!
    You are still pretty young, and I think you are on the right track, getting some help!! Maybe in a few years things will be better, like they were for me! After High School, I went to California and learned a lot of great things, and met a lot of cool people, and everything changed, but it took some time.
    Start slow, and just make a little progress every week!! Believe that it will be better when you are older, and people can understand you better!!

• I expected to see many negative Kys sort of comments. Thanks for the support. I am just going through a tough time right now

• I know it doesn't help much, but there are 'friends' out there that you can talk to, or just message from time to time. Feel free to send me a personal message, if you want. Think of me as maybe a Big Brother, that has been there, OK? Keep your head up, and know that you are a good person, and just get through these tough times. It will get better!! I've been where you are at, and I know, OK?

What Girls Said 1

• get to know people on a more personal level? make them laugh that sorta thing

What Guys Said 1