How was your high school experience? And advice?

how was high school for you? Do you have advice for a senior in high school? Like how to make the time pass quickly

Most Helpful Guy

• You do not want the time to pass quickly.
    And if you currently DO want it to pass quickly, you should find out how to NOT want it to pass quickly.

I have so many regrets about high school and so many fun moments and memories.
    Please, do what you feel like and try not to have regrets about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a bullied disliked nerd in denial.
    I have always been excellent at academics, so my high school memories are all social struggles.
    I was one of those people that was involved in everything and was friends with every group so I could always bounce around. I pretended like it was a great time. In reality I didn't have any real connections with anyone because I was too focused on being perfectly liked by everyone person. I was also in deep denial about how they made fun of me "behind my back" even though I saw it and knew. Things like picking teams for group projects, field trips, lunch tables etc were things I dreaded and feared because I didn't have a deep enough friendship with anyone for them to save me a place or to think about inviting in. I skipped every homecoming and prom because I was afraid of not having anyone to sit with or talk to. One of my most painful memories is my senior class reaching out to a few "unpopular" people who skipped social events to make sure they went to senior prom. They took great effort in convincing those people they had to come. But no one asked me to come or tried to get me there.
    It took until the middle/end of college for me to realize I just needed to be myself, those that like you will like you for you. Those that do not are not worth your time. By grad school I was the "it" girl when it came to social life. I've made it a point to never be mean to others and to reach out when I see someone looking lonely at social events.

My advice to you us to be yourself. Always. Shit on the opinions of everyone else.
    My other piece of advice is always be kind to others and never exclude people.

I'm now 9 years out of high school and have come to terms with the memories of bullying, confidence issues and depression I endured. I'm also lucky that I'm the most education person out of my entire graduating class; I'm an attorney, I've seen more of the world, and I went from being an ugly duckling to a very attractive and hott woman.

• You have an awesome story. Thank you for sharing and for the advice, I think that's great advice :)

• Honestly they are rules everyone should practice. Every person deserves basic respect, compassion, and kindness. But do not confuse those with privileges that should be earned and well-maintained such as trust and friendship and love.
      There's going to be times when you question yourself and you're going to want to take the easy route of doing what everyone else is doing. Remember that you can't make mistakes if you follow your gut and do what you know is right for you.
      Something funny to add about my story: I never dated in high school. In fact I was 23 years old; when a guy kissed me for the first time. 24 when I first had sex and 25 when I went on my first date. Those guys in high school never looked twice at me.
      I've returned to my home town for the last year after being away for 8 years. No one recognizes me. I've even had a few of the guys hit on me and ask me out, though I always decline. I've never told anyone who I am. Our 10 yr reunion will be interesting next year lol.

What Guys Said 4

• The best advice I can give you is to find good friends, study when you have to, goof off when you can, guard your heart, have fun and enjoy it, join a club, find out where you fit in there, never try to be liked by everyone. Someone will always dislike you and there is nothing you can do to change that. As for advice for seniors just that it is only beginning. College is no different from what your doing now in the classroom. Be careful who you are close friends with. http://biblehub.com/proverbs/27-17.htm

• O and remember to always dress feminine and modest. Highschool guys only see an easy girl when she is wearing micro shorts and a low cut top. Dress like a women and walk with pride to attract the good and great guys there.

• It made me want to jump off a cliff.

• by remember 1 Corinthians 15:33: Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits. so be careful of whom you become friends with.

• I've never been to highschool and I never will go to highschool~

What Girls Said 3

• My senior year flew by without any effort on my part.
    My advice would be to really put forth effort and not to procrastinate, and also to enjoy it while it lasts, because it really does fly.
    Although high school was relatively enjoyable for me (even if it did have its rough patches), I would not go back and enjoy adulthood and the real world a lot. The adjustment was difficult for me since I am slow at adapting to change, and it was also scary because it was something completely new, but post-high school life is pretty great. There are a lot of liberties, as well as responsibilities, that come with it and it is just liberating to be a true adult.
    I did have some rough times in high school and was not academic at all, but I made a lot of good friends and was generally well liked. The only things I really miss are how carefree I was without the responsibilities of adulthood and the people (both teachers and kids). I don't miss the homework, drama, or anything else.

• The friends I started with in freshman year weren't the same friends I graduated senior year with. After high school I stopped talking to all of them within a few months. People will come and go out of your life. It's normal.

• the best way to have a good experience in high school is join clubs like sports or yearbook or drama, have good grades-like do some college classes if you plan on attending college. Just be busy but have fun. You only get this phase in your life once-make it count. Do really well in school but have fun.