Do You Believe in GOD?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what your definition of "god" is?

Because if it's the judeo-christianor many similar monotheistic religions' god, that many had claimed to be omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omnipresent, omnipresent, omniscient, completely defies all logic and has way too many contradictions to even be believable.

You only believe in a god if you want to believe in a god or any gods, including that christian god or that islam or muslim god, or some or any other god.

There's also agnostics and skeptics that are unsure. Atheists that are totally adamant that there can't be because of the whole science and the contradictions of all logic and reasoning.

There's also groups of believers but they are like in cults that follow an UFO religion or something believing in "Ancient Astronauts" or "Intelligent Extraterrestrials" to be our original creators and creators of our world, as it has also been explored and mention multiple times in science fiction. So "god" to them are aliens or an alien that is very powerful and intelligent that have created the beginning of our planet and our ancestors. Either they came to our planet and created the beginning of life and involved in it's evolution processBut those are more like "maybe" theories, since no one can completely verify this either.

The Problem of evil is one of the biggest contradictions and criticisms of that monotheistic religions all face:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

One other one other people constantly forgot about is apatheist or apatheism, which basically mean that there people that are Not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist. In other words, an apatheists are people that considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to their life or existence.

In other words they just don't care about it and don't care to believe or not believe.

I'm more or less the last category.

Whether there is or isn't a god or any gods is neither important or matter to me. Even if there ever was any "god", I would think that it, him or they are long gone and is no longer involved with what humans do, act, and all human affairs. What ever choices we make, whatever we do, we will face any and all consequences as the result of our actions.

thank you for mho!

What Girls Said 12

• I used to, now I don't care - meaning if god exist or not, doesn't make much difference to me

• Nope, I don't believe in any of them.

• Nope. I believe in science.

• yes i do... do you?

• Yes I do.

• Nope.

• I do! With all of my heart! 💛

• I want to... But I find difficulties and question things a lot. It's difficult for me to trust something that doesn't make much sense

• Yes, I believe in god.

• Nope

• Yes I do.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 21

• I am not very religious but I still believe. I am Christian Orthodox I think. I did something really bad (covered her collection of icons with a towel something) when I was little and an icon (forget which one) appeared in my dream that night telling me about how I hurt my grandma by doing that. That was pretty cool.

• Yes I do and I'm a proud Christain

• Yes, I do believe in God.

• Yes I do

• Intelligent design is the only thing that can explain everything right down to how a leaf forms. I am constantly amazed by the wonder of our universe, our planet and the complexity of a newborn and the wonder of how it can be.

• It makes more sense not to.

• No, I don't believe in imaginary sky daddies.

• nope

• Only in Wednesdays.

• I believe in the Creator of the Multiverse.

• Why not?

• nope lol @ people that do though

• Yes, I do believe in God. This is one of the reasons why I do :
    A pen for example can't possibly be made if someone didn't make it, so does the factory that made the pen, so does the people who built the factory, so does their parents, so does the grandparents, so does Adam etc. If there wasn't someone (God) in the end of all of those things, there is no possible way they existed.
    There are other reasons why I do, but that is just one of them.

• No, I'm an atheist.

• Yes, I do. God is good.

• nah...

• Yes i do , but why most of the atheists (non belivers ) are woman? There must be...

• Meh, kind of. A life-changing out-of-body experience tends to do that to a guy. But if anything, I've had less and less belief in God as time has gone on, ever since that out-of-body experience. The encounter started off perfectly, and was by far the most euphoric and orgasmic experience I've ever had; I've never taken any drugs of any kind, so can't compare it to that, but the closest thing I can compare it to is a sexual orgasm, and it was at least 10 times more intense than that, and continuous throughout the entire experience, which lasted roughly 15min.

I'd initiated it myself, by meditating on God's name for a period of around half and hour beforehand, and focusing with all the will I possessed on managing to perceive the essence of God. It didn't end on a positive note though- I spoke my mind and questioned God, asking him (/it- as an entity of pure energy, permeating the very fabric of existence, it had no gender) many of the things that plenty of people ask to question its existence here. And eventually, God lost patience with me- told me that I was still filled with far too much doubt and held back by my worldly attachments, that I wasn't yet ready to take the next step in my spiritual journey, and cast me out of its presence. And since then, everything in this world has been hollow and empty in comparison.

I know that God does exist, but I also know that God has spurned and rejected me, and that all of the belief which I had in God which allowed me to perceive his reality and share his presence at the age of 14 was misplaced. As such, I now 'believe in God' in the same way that I've come to believe in the police, and the same way that I've come to believe in people in general. They exist, I have no doubt of that. But I'm no longer naive enough to have any real belief or invest any trust in them at all, not unless they prove themselves trustworthy and prove that they'll justify my belief in them. The police, people in general, and God, have all proved to me through their words and actions that my belief in them was foolhardy and unwarranted.

• It does seem like a bit of a silly bronze age concept which has hung around long past its sell-by date.

• Only with the caps lock off.

• Nope, I don't feel the need to believe in a god