Do you agree with this theory about people on the Internet?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymity brings out the real person from underneath the layers of masks we wear daily.

The fuckwad was never a real person to begin with. Just pretending.

What Girls Said 9

• I hope most people on here aren't as antagonistic in real life. How do they keep jobs, partners, etc.

• pretty much, but it's also a personality thing and how one chooses to carry themselves online.

• i agree with it lol

• Seems true so far. :D

• lmaoo cuz they have nothing to lose, yeah

• I disagree, the way I am online it's the same way I am in person.

• Generally yes

• Vote B. Most people I have interactions with online aren't like that at all.

• Lmao ME AF

What Guys Said 9

• For a lot of small-minded people, I think the internet, and this site, is their perfect venue to spout totally unsubstantiated, and total BS opinions.
    As an American, believing in our Bill of Rights, I have to say that I accept their right, to say whatever they think, as I have the right to reply, and say how I believe how totally full of sht they are!!
    Some have responded, similarly, to some of my posts, saying I am wrong! I accept that they have that opinion, but I disagree.
    What I do not accept, is the small-minded group that chooses to respond with name-calling, perceived sexual, and racial slurs, and blatant disrespect!!

• Would you ever rob a bank? No, you know nothing about successfully robbing a bank and the consequences aren't worth it.
    Now on the internet you do whatever you want to for the most part anonymously without any real consequences. I don't think the audience is really accurate, you can give them a single person and they'll be more open about random things they normally wouldn't be.

• Nope. Most corners of the internet for many years have been pretty civil, friendly, and cooperative and many still are.

• As an anecdote, I owned a large internet community for about 8 years. In all that time we had one asshole, yes only one. We got his ISP to turn off his internet service to stop him from being an ass hat and that was that...

• I used this several times on here

• No. m

• Yeah seems legit bruh

• I'm gunna have two disagree wiff dat statement

• No I don't. Apparently I'm consistently a "fuckwad" in person as well, but if you feel this way there are plenty of non-anonymous forums for you to explore on the internet.

• not really