It's partly the victims fault that they are bullied if they don't stand for themselves. agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always stood up, and fought back, but when it is five to one, it's hard to find a 'wining' solution!!
    Bullying is just wrong, and blaming the super smart nerd, for doing well in school, and getting bullied, physically beaten on, is like saying that a girl in a mini-skirt deserved to get raped!! NO DIFFERENCE!!! Bullying the nerd is maybe the first step to that rape!! Ever think of that?
    If a person so devalues another, that they think it is ok to mock, say horrible things, racial slurs, and even punch, kick and gang up and abuse someone, what's to stop them from looking for more of a thrill, more control, and dominance, raping, or maybe shooting people, because they are possibly sociopaths, and nobody thinks much of it, until they kill a bunch of people in a school or movie theater!!!
    I believe that Bullying is progressive, and the Bully needs more, and more, and bigger, more humiliating acts, to satisfy their Sociopathic behavior!!
    I'd watch the 'Bullies' and keep track of them as the next generation of mass murderers and shooters in schools and public places!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not really about fault if you ask me. No one deserves to be bullied, BUT it does seem to me that a lot of the time, bullies target people with certain demeanors. So it's not that they ever deserve it, but if you do come off a certain way, people anywhere you go will take advantage. So I don't think stopping the bullies solves the main problem.

• Stopping bullies does stop the problem. don't justify their behavior

• I said they were not justified. But as people get older they usually don't change do the bullying will continue.

What Guys Said 15

• They CAN'T stand up for themselves anymore, they'll be suspended and possibly arrested for fighting back.

• Not the victims fault at all. No one deserves to be bullied in the first place. Most don't stand up for themselves because they are afraid it will get worse. I speak from experience, its a very helpless feeling.

• agreed. if you just lay there and take it they will think it is ok to do that. when you fight back you tell them you won't take it anymore

• Yes, I agree.
    If you behave as a prey animal, you should not be surprised if you are targeted by predators.
    That is just how things are.

• I agree. Don't whine about bullying if you're not trying to stop it.

• My thoughts exactly. Is it wrong to bully? Yes. Can you expect it to stop if you refuse to do anything about it? No. You teach people how to treat you in life, and if you allow people to bully you, the behavior will continue. You can't expect people to behave fairly in life and then sit back and cry rather than doing something about it if they don't. That's just the sad reality of it.

• No of course not. Life isn't a binary "Yes/No" choice. Every situation is different.

• Partially agree. There is the point where you are unable to defend yourself. A stronger, better trained, better armed opponent maybe insurmountable.

• No. That's like saying you deserve to be treated wrong because you allowed yourself to be treated wrong when in reality you were simply treated wrong.

• I used to get bullied for fucking all the girls. Eventually they became my friends, and only because I alpha upped.

• Yes, you have to stand up for yourself.

• disagree , low self esteem they don't stand up to them! Unless your friend has the balls to tell the hater's off

• Yes, it is my fault. Sometimes.

• Yes it's the Africans' fault they got taken away to America... it's the native Americans' FAULT that they got wiped out and decimated

See how this works?

• No. That's bullshit

• Not really. have you ever been bullied? Standing up for yourself or not they'll still pick on you

What Girls Said 7

• It's not black or white like that. Bullied at school? You kinda have to go and follow a schedule. Not your fault. Bullied in a relationship? You have the freedom to leave but many choose to stay. You're at fault.

• you're at fault for your partner bullying you in a relationship?

• Yes, add unfortunate as it is. You teach people how to treat you, and if you allow that behavior, you teach them that it is okay for that behavior to continue.

• *as, not add. I hate auto correct!

I guess I should add that yes, the bully is wrong to bully, but it is a fact of life that you teach people how to treat you, and that if you simply allow it and do nothing to try to stop it, you are also at fault. You can't just expect life to be fair and for people to act right. It would be nice if life worked that way, but it doesn't.

• disagree

• No, it's the bully's fault for being an asshole.

• Disagree, why the hell would it be the victims fault? If someone who has "power" starts bullying you ofc you won't stand up for yourself because you never know what would happen IF you actually stood up for yourself, disgusting rumors? Hit in the face? more bullying? not the victims fault

• My mom always yelling and complaining about all of my work from school to house works, but she is not so harsh with my older sister, she hardly gets happy what ever i do, i am 15 years, though sometimes she threats me to SPANK me like she used to do some year back, and most freaking, she sometimes YELL like mad on me saying, she would CUT OFF my penis !!! if i do this wrong !! this makes my sister laugh on me, how i make her understand that's this is wrong of saying her to me !!!

• A little bit of both.

• I strongly disagree with that. I know this one guy who had the whole school against him and none of it was his fault. How was he suppose to stand up for himself against the whole school?