Why are people who are anti-religion so confident religion is not real, the worst thing ever, and provided no benefit in history?

Most Helpful Girl

• Believing that religion IS real hasn't provided much benefit in history, either. Even further true nowadays, when stating your association with certain religions being reason enough to get decapitated in some cases.

• You are using the actions of one religion to define all religions...

• I didn't mention any specific religion, though?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi, Anti-theist here.

The worst thing ever? One reason is because it builds an ignorant and divided WORLD community.

Ignorant because religion isn't evidence based in a world that depends on the sciences and advancement of technology to maintain society. It builds a populous that cannot make educated decisions about the world. Worst of all is that the community religion has built accepts being blissfully ignorant of reality.

A waste of time and resources. The abortion debate (more like an indefinite squabble) and stupefying the classroom by 'teaching the controversy'.

No benefit? Well I'll admit that religion has built at least a community of people. These people often need to be in a community to have a sense of belonging and purpose. Humans are inherently social beings. Wisdom unfortunately doesn't come included.

What Girls Said 1

• Why are people who are religious so confident religion is real, the best thing ever, and did provide benefits in history?

What Guys Said 9

• same reason i suppose why some religious people are so confident it is real and that not believing is so awful and what not

i think it is essentially that in order for some to feel confident about their beliefs it requires squashing the beliefs of others (at least in their mind) so the other side is completely discredited (in their mind)

• If you do a little research you will find that many atheists, when researching their beliefs end up becoming Christians.

The devil is also known as the great deceiver. His greatest accomplishment is convincing the world he does not exist. I think those who do not believe have been deceived by Satan to think this way.

• I figure they're just always in a bad mood because their existence is meaningless, and future hopeless. I try and cheer em up by saying things like "C'mon, you don't wanna end up all dressed up with no place to go do ya?", but they're always so cranky.

• Yeah cranky."oommigaad... he disrespected our religion, our god is gonna cry... kill him... omigaad, if there is no slave master, whose slave I would be? What is the meaning of this life if I'm not a slave?"

• I just Googled the word "shallow", and your picture popped up.

• 😂😂 well...

• Because they are children of the Enlightenment which was a hundred year regress in society that we are still suffering the disastrous consequences of. Bad philosophers combined with bad political scientists and revisionist 'historians' united together under the banner of rebelliousness and anti theism gave us this.

• Why would anyone believe in something for which there is NOT one tiny bit of proof? Something which in fact REJOICES in its lack of proof - calling it "faith" and praising the stupid people who have it?

• Religion has provided many great benefits to the world. I don't know why people believe otherwise, but people do tend to be biased in their opinions.

Butter side up vs down and all.

• Cause they choose not to study and like fast silly conclusions
    They keep saying words like "facts , evidence" as long as it serves their cause, when "facts , evidences " are not serving their cause they move to "you're full of shit" to escape they are wrong

• They were fools cuz even the iphone can't exist without Apple and think whole universe is here with accurate perfection. They believe in stupid bigbang and Fucking evolution lacking any ground breaking evidence.

• Crusades, jihads, purifications, sathi... religions are making this world beautiful.